Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

I think I totally jinxed myself with the post about the phone calls - I just missed a "No Caller ID" call, which I never get, and now I'm totally wondering what it was! It's probably the same telemarketer from Antigua, but still, I'd rather know that wonder...

(I think I'm so eager to know, because I thought this would be a big week, so I've put a lot of pressure on today now that the rest of the week had been quite!)

I think I totally jinxed myself with the post about the phone calls - I just missed a "No Caller ID" call, which I never get, and now I'm totally wondering what it was! It's probably the same telemarketer from Antigua, but still, I'd rather know that wonder...

(I think I'm so eager to know, because I thought this would be a big week, so I've put a lot of pressure on today now that the rest of the week had been quite!)

Same here yet the week has ended!

When it comes to phone calls my policy is: If it's important they'll leave a message. If it's admissions and you don't answer they should leave a message or email you. The only people who call and don't leave messages are telemarketers or awful corporations like mobile phone companies. :)

I got some good news today! Accepted to University of South Carolina for PhD! This makes the sting of Duke's rejection a bit better.

Yay, Jump!  So excited that the little news we are getting today is good news.  What a great program.

Does anyone else get really excited when they see an unknown number calling, hoping that it's a call from a POI?

I did undergrad at one of the schools I'm applying to, so now every time I see a call from that area code, I answer eagerly and then its always someone asking me to give money to the alumni campaign - arghhhhh! 

THIS.  Because I applied to schools mostly in my current area, almost all the calls I get with unknown numbers share the zip codes of potential programs.  Every time my phone rings I die a little, but it's almost always a wrong number or my insurance company!  And don't even get me started on emails...I physically screw my face up into a scowl every time an email is not an acceptance (all emails should be acceptance emails), so I've been scowling a lot lately.  On top of it all, NYU sends me what feels like a MILLION emails daily, and there's always a second where I think it's THE email I want and not just a random thing about library hours or TA training.

#stress

I had an 'acceptance' call from UNC Chapel Hill for Cultural... but again it was 'unofficial' and the other result posted recently was notified like a week after I was... so i hate to say keep waiting, because.. enough, right? But I would still hold hope...

I had an 'acceptance' call from UNC Chapel Hill for Cultural... but again it was 'unofficial' and the other result posted recently was notified like a week after I was... so i hate to say keep waiting, because.. enough, right? But I would still hold hope...

Thanks!  If they keep in line with past years there should be a big round of UNC results out soon!

Brown has made their decisions. I just got a call from the dept. chair and I'm in! There is an admitted students weekend March 6-8

Congratulations!

Hi friends, 

Are there anyone interviewed or get any response from UCLA Anthropology? 

good lucks for everyone! :)

Mine says "Submitted - Pending Decision". I'm so anxious!

Brown has made their decisions. I just got a call from the dept. chair and I'm in! There is an admitted students weekend March 6-8

Wow. Congratulations! That's great! Now I'll be waiting by the phone all day hoping to hear from them too...

Damn, I guess I'm NOT in then :(

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Damn, I guess I'm NOT in then :(

Congratulations on your acceptance!

But that is for anthropology not joukowsky archaeology institute I believe, stay calm (should say that to myself more often)

Edited by colorless