Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, but I to am in the waiting game. I'm currently doing an MSc at Oxford in Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology and I've applied to Oxford, Cambridge and UoT for PhD and my #1 is UoT... It's the 28th of Jan, has anyone heard from them yet by chance? I wish I had applied to UCL or a few American schools now... (I haven't done the GRE tho and that is a big influence).

GUYS, not all hope is lost. I've just received word that I'm waitlisted at UCLA archaeology (Cotsen). I am BEYOND excited to not have been outright rejected!

No word on where I am on the waitlist, just that I'll hear back in March!

Hey everyone,

I have been a silent observer until now but just wanted to "play fair" and let you know that I just heard back from Duke. Unfortunately, I was not accepted but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for other programs...

Congratulations to everyone that interviewed/was accepted and good luck to those who are waitlisted!

Had any of you CUNY applicants submitted additional materials to the graduate admissions office? The application itself didn't have a place to insert a CV (or writing sample, I think), so I e-mailed mine over to admissions back in November. Someone responded and said it would be included in my "file" but I have no way of seeing that it's accounted for on my application summary. I feel my application depends on these two items.

Truly, I'm not as frantic as I may sound, but I have had a rough day. It's nice to talk to you guys since I don't know anyone else going through this process IRL. :)

I mailed my writing sample even though it's not required for linguistic anthro. I haven't heard anything back from them though.

I mailed my writing sample even though it's not required for linguistic anthro. I haven't heard anything back from them though.

Okay, yeah, me neither. Do you recall if we were given an estimate for decision dates from the school? GradCafe results seems to indicate early February all the way to late March. I would love to make it to NYC to visit, but at this point (post-application, pre-decision), I feel like it'd be awkward timing.

Duke peoples, hang in there! <3 <3 <3

Okay, yeah, me neither. Do you recall if we were given an estimate for decision dates from the school? GradCafe results seems to indicate early February all the way to late March. I would love to make it to NYC to visit, but at this point (post-application, pre-decision), I feel like it'd be awkward timing.

Duke peoples, hang in there! <3 <3 <3

No, I don't think we were. All I know is that the graduate center says decisions are made 4-8 weeks after the deadline, but it's been like 8 weeks already.

And yes, hang in there Duke folks!

Same here on Duke, y'all. No worries-- I mean, this is my first app season but everything friends and i have heard kind of matches the adage that the closer your research interests match their offered expertise, the more likely your admission, over everything else-- gre, gpa, you name it.

I wish everyone so much luck! And loving support to those who haven't had happy news yet. 

I wouldn't expect anything at CUNY to ever happen on time. It's just not that kind of place. Also - there is a winter break, and this is the very first week of classes, so it's very busy around there. The centralized computer systems they use (and are trying to use) for all the campuses are constantly down, and there's endless problems with registrations, etc. I'm sure the members of the department, who all teach elsewhere as well - are busy with a lot of other things at the moment.

Last year the first results were around February 6th - and they trickled out over the next few months. They will never have extra money at CUNY - so they're going to be very careful about offers and people will probably be offered spots from the wait list up until the very last minute in April.