Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

My thoughts on Toronto are: There's been one US American admission already, so that's probably the end. The word I got from the department was there wouldn't be space for more than maybe 1 or 2 international students - they have a really hard time getting funding for intl students. So it's my first choice, but unless I'm wait-listed, I'm considering it my first rejection for now. I could be wrong, but that's my thought as of right now.

Which means, I can start preparing my application for next year. :)

My thoughts on Toronto are: There's been one US American admission already, so that's probably the end. The word I got from the department was there wouldn't be space for more than maybe 1 or 2 international students - they have a really hard time getting funding for intl students. So it's my first choice, but unless I'm wait-listed, I'm considering it my first rejection for now. I could be wrong, but that's my thought as of right now.

I heard the same thing, but didn't realize what it means until now. Let's hope it's two rather than one. 

Canis, application for next year? Already?

I heard the same thing, but didn't realize what it means until now. Let's hope it's two rather than one. 

Canis, application for next year? Already?

I can't even begin to list the number of things I've had to apply for twice to get into! It's like a rule for me at this point - if it doesn't work the first time, try again... :)

I heard the same..and that's what discouraged me from even applying there!

For those who applied to Toronto - what does your application status say on the web site? I'm wondering - it you were admitted has it been updated? If you weren't yet given a decision, does it still say "under review" as mine does?

For those who applied to Toronto - what does your application status say on the web site? I'm wondering - it you were admitted has it been updated? If you weren't yet given a decision, does it still say "under review" as mine does?

I was admitted and it still says 'under review' on the website

For those who have applied to Irvine but haven't heard anything yet - I have emailed the department to ask about my status and got a reply saying they only sent out the "first round" acceptances, and still working on the rest of the applications, but they "have no time table yet for second around admissions." So don't give up hopes. And it will be awesome if those who are admitted could share some inside infos. 

Has anyone heard much of anything from the Northwestern program yet? I saw a couple of interviews pop up on the results page but just curious if anyone can offer more info...

Congratulations on the admission fishjg!

Thanks so much, Canis! Still waiting on Northwestern, Berkeley, Princeton, etc. Got into Davis, though! I hate the waiting game!!!

For those who have applied to Irvine but haven't heard anything yet - I have emailed the department to ask about my status and got a reply saying they only sent out the "first round" acceptances, and still working on the rest of the applications, but they "have no time table yet for second around admissions." So don't give up hopes. And it will be awesome if those who are admitted could share some inside infos. 

Widefellow--what kind of info are you looking for? I do know that the admit students weekend is March 7th/8th (although I won't be able to make that day since I have a show on the 8th). So I'm guessing they'll have to let any second rounds know before then?

Best of luck!

Got an official rejection from Princeton.  Was expecting it, but first news of the season being so poor doesn't bode well.  TGIF?

Sorry about the rejection NOWAYNOHOW and the other ones got rejections as well. Hope some good news come soon!

Got an official rejection from Princeton. Was expecting it, but first news of the season being so poor doesn't bode well. TGIF?

That's a pretty heinous way to start the day :( I'm sorry, dude. Same goes for everyone else who got rejected from Princeton this morning. Hopefully better news is on the way