Results

jamc8383

I'm the poster who was wait listed at Vanderbilt. Does anyone know how it works at Vanderbilt? Have they taken students from the wait list in recent years?

When did you hear from Vanderbilt. My status on the application page still says submitted, and I haven't seen anyone post about being accepted yet.

I withdrew my application from Vanderbilt, but unfortunately it was almost simultaneous with an acceptance offer! As soon as the system permits me, I will be declining my admit, and the professors I have communicated with have definitely implied that the spot will go to another candidate. 

Good luck!

When did you hear from Vanderbilt. My status on the application page still says submitted, and I haven't seen anyone post about being accepted yet.

I just got an email from the DGS a half hour ago. There were 2 acceptances posted on the results board late last week, so when I didn't hear anything I thought I was going to be rejected!

Edited by phdwannab

I withdrew my application from Vanderbilt, but unfortunately it was almost simultaneous with an acceptance offer! As soon as the system permits me, I will be declining my admit, and the professors I have communicated with have definitely implied that the spot will go to another candidate.

Good luck!

Thank you! Great to know! Good luck at your chosen program.

I received my acceptance offer on Thursday. I know someone a couple years back that was picked from Vanderbilt's wait list, so there is hope. Good luck!!

Hi all,

First time poster. I'm wondering whether anyone has heard from CUNY at all?

I had a positive phone call with them the other week which I thought indicated I was in (an offer was forthcoming in the next week or two according to the call), but I'm beginning to get slightly worried.

Also, is anyone here applying to Near Eastern Studies at Princeton by any chance?

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by hohummelody

Right now I'm primarily interested in the transnational/regional networks established between Arab and Indian Muslim institutes of Islamic learning and their ulama and students in the last 150 years or so. What about yourself?

Hi all,

First time poster. I'm wondering whether anyone has heard from CUNY at all?

I had a positive phone call with them the other week which I thought indicated I was in (an offer was forthcoming in the next week or two according to the call), but I'm beginning to get slightly worried.

Also, is anyone here applying to Near Eastern Studies at Princeton by any chance?

Good luck to everyone!

From what I've heard, CUNY won't be making offers until March.

I have on good authority that the UPenn admissions committee was scheduled to meet Thursday the 13th to deliberate, but the school was closed that day due to snow and so the meeting never happened. Late results from UPenn are likely. :(

Any update in UPenn??

Whoa! That was unexpected. Who wants to claim the UPenn acceptance?

ahhh!! evidently they had their meeting! Getting nervous now!! There goes my productivity! lol

also if the UPenn admit could reveal how they found out that would be great...says email but email from POI/DGS/to check website...just checked my app and nothing has changed on the application site at least...ahhh nervous!

Edited by catsandscarves

On January 8th, uPenn said:

we will not send you any other correspondence until it is time for a decision, which will be in late February through mid-March. ... Please do not rely on the "status" portion of your application, as we won't be updating that until all files are downloaded and distributed ... Admission notifications will be sent to you via the email you provided in your application.

On January 8th, uPenn said:

we will not send you any other correspondence until it is time for a decision, which will be in late February through mid-March. ... Please do not rely on the "status" portion of your application, as we won't be updating that until all files are downloaded and distributed ... Admission notifications will be sent to you via the email you provided in your application.

Ahh! Thanks for the reminder...I guess we are all just waiting on emails then! Wish they would get to sendin' em!

Ahh! Thanks for the reminder...I guess we are all just waiting on emails then! Wish they would get to sendin' em!

Amen!

Do you know how many spots UPenn has and how many they interviewed for those spots? I had an interview, and I forgot to ask.

Several years ago, I found this link on their site regarding their admission stats 2004-2008. It's been taken off their site, but the link still works: http://www.history.upenn.edu/grad/docs/grad_admissions.pdf

Do you think this is still generally accurate? It seems like if they are looking for a cohort of 15, they will actually admit 30ish?

Amen!

Do you know how many spots UPenn has and how many they interviewed for those spots? I had an interview, and I forgot to ask.

Several years ago, I found this link on their site regarding their admission stats 2004-2008. It's been taken off their site, but the link still works: http://www.history.upenn.edu/grad/docs/grad_admissions.pdf

Do you think this is still generally accurate? It seems like if they are looking for a cohort of 15, they will actually admit 30ish?

I would presume it would be about that if they are looking for a cohort that size.