Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

This forum has taught me that patience is truly a virtue. I appreciate every single one of you and have put my (A) status e-mail far back in my cabinet file of things that matter so that I can actually continue with my life, be an adult, not fail out of college, etc. In a way I feel a little freed from the burden of having to wait for an e-mail, but now I find myself jumping with excitement with every (212) call I receive thinking it's a call from someone at Fulbright. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, including all of the future fulbrighters and current half-brighters like myself that have to wait FOREVERRRR AND A DAY MORE!

:D :D :D

This forum has taught me that patience is truly a virtue. I appreciate every single one of you and have put my (A) status e-mail far back in my cabinet file of things that matter so that I can actually continue with my life, be an adult, not fail out of college, etc. In a way I feel a little freed from the burden of having to wait for an e-mail, but now I find myself jumping with excitement with every (212) call I receive thinking it's a call from someone at Fulbright.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, including all of the future fulbrighters and current half-brighters like myself that have to wait FOREVERRRR AND A DAY MORE!

:D :D :D

Where are you an alternate for?

I haven't yet (but not at home to check to see if it came in the mail today). Did you receive something?

Nothing yet. But I thought I would check in case it had come to others. I assume it should come soon so that the materials can be turned in on time.

Just got an interview for a dream job (not that I would actually get it) I hope SSA applicants hear back extra early this year !!! I was totally looking for ways to add to my anxiety/stress induced ulcers  :wacko:  :blink:

Congratulations? I'm  not sure if it's a good thing because you seem to want the grant more than the job? I don't know, but they wouldn't interview you if they didn't think you could do the job and do it well!

Just got an interview for a dream job (not that I would actually get it) I hope SSA applicants hear back extra early this year !!! I was totally looking for ways to add to my anxiety/stress induced ulcers  :wacko:  :blink:

CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful.... i hope you are offered the position. 

I seem to have really bad luck with applying to jobs...just got offered a really cool job with the U.S. Embassy overseas and couldn't take it because the process of obtaining residency in the country I applied to takes forever and a day (7+months).....There goes that too.... :angry:  :angry:  :angry: ...I hope that at the end of all this I end up with a really cool gig....or as a Fulbrighter! 

Oh gosh. Here we go again. I almost never get email in my primary inbox because of all the filters I have set up.... And i just got a (1) in my inbox, and all I could see was that it was from "Noreply@..."

I seriously started shaking all over.

It was an order confirmation.

For a payment I made less than 5 minutes ago.

HOW DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

Oh gosh. Here we go again. I almost never get email in my primary inbox because of all the filters I have set up.... And i just got a (1) in my inbox, and all I could see was that it was from "Noreply@..."

I seriously started shaking all over.

It was an order confirmation.

For a payment I made less than 5 minutes ago.

HOW DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

I feel your pain. I was teaching three back to back classes using my laptop to project a webpage. My email was open in another tab and the "Inbox (2)" teased me for an hour. When I got to check it, it was just emails from my college about campus events :(

Hey everyone I have a quick question. For those of you selected to do research in a country with its own commission, should we have received a country-specific terms and conditions form? Or, do we use the general one located on IIE's website? I'm asking because I received a grant authorization from Japan but no terms and conditions form. Thanks!

Hi all,

Long-time lurker here. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum for the news of notifications and encouragement from everybody involved. This has quickly become my most-frequented website as I use it to stay sane.

That being said, how normal is it to have a week packed with notifications followed up by an almost silent one?

My phone can't handle being dropped everytime I get an email notification much longer.

So this evening I have a meeting that was scheduled months ago with the artistic directors of the modern dance company I'm in... They are definitely expecting to know about the Fulbright for UK... :mellow:

Hey, you're in a modern dance company? That's awesome! I teach modern dance occasionally- I actually have a BFA. Are you applying for an Arts Fulbright? Where?

Hey, you're in a modern dance company? That's awesome! I teach modern dance occasionally- I actually have a BFA. Are you applying for an Arts Fulbright? Where?

Kinda, it's the Fulbright in Dance to Roehampton in London, UK. I was applying to their MA in dance anthropology. It's not exactly an Arts Fulbright, but my project involves performance/education/research

Is anyone else waiting on Australia? Because I'm hopeful for this coming week! According to the spreadsheet, March 26 (today!) is the earliest date Australia applicants have been notified, and in most years it was within a week of that.

Also, thank goodness for my basketball bracket! Something to refresh besides my email. :)

Edited by thefairhelen

So...do y'all think we should get a lot of notifications today? My country likely won't notify for at least two or three more weeks, but the wait is a lot easier when I see y'all getting good news. 

At this point there's no telling. The excitement of the possibility of a notification decreases everyday. The UK is playing with my emotions  :(

On a positive note, I just completed my oral defense for my thesis! It sort of helped take my mind off the Fulbright, but now I have to find something else to do. Focusing on my other classes would be the logical answer but I'm not really looking for logical.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!  :)

At this point there's no telling. The excitement of the possibility of a notification decreases everyday. The UK is playing with my emotions  :(

On a positive note, I just completed my oral defense for my thesis! It sort of helped take my mind off the Fulbright, but now I have to find something else to do. Focusing on my other classes would be the logical answer but I'm not really looking for logical.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!  :)

Congrats on getting through your thesis defense!!!! That's a HUGE accomplishment, especially with Fulbright on the mind! The UK will definitely notify this week or next week-- I can't imagine Fulbright would tell us one thing and do another, and they told us we would know by the end of March.  Fingers crossed! 

Happy Friday everyone! 

Oh! Just saw Raisedbywolves's post-- Congrats on making it that far, and best wishes that something amazing is coming for you! With or without Fulbright!

Edited by RosyPosy68