Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

This is a little premature.. but do any SSA people know if Fulbright health insurance covers malaria meds ? 

The year I did it (3 years ago) they reimbursed folks once in country. At least that's what folks were saying in the Gradcafe thread.

SMartin11879 - Congratulations to you too!  Haha I am also still freaking out and I think that will continue for awhile!  I requested Bavaria, BW, and Saarland, but I'm really really REALLY hoping for Bavaria!

Bailey24 - Congratulations!  Where did you request to go?

Kconhead - I'm in the same situation, torn between USTA/Fulbright.  I applied for a USTA also, and if I find out on 1 April that I got it and I still don't know my Germany placement by then, I will be really tempted to take Austria.  I would be happy with pretty much any location in Austria, but I feel like there's a lot of not-so-great places they could put you in Germany.  Plus, you get to take university classes in Austria.  Is it really true that the pay is higher and that it's easier to extend your stay?  Come to think of it, I know someone from my university who extended his stay by a year in Austria a few years ago.

Here's a question for the amazing brain-power/experience of this group...

Is there a typical time-frame to hear from your host institution after you get a (P) from the IIE? Is this information on the past-year spreadsheet in a place I've not yet found?

Disclaimer: I'm not asking just amplify the anxiety of those still waiting on their status. It just seems the waiting never ends!

Hey guys, I'm a recommended candidate for Albania and I wanted to say congrats to everyone that has gotten it so far! Does anyone happen to know what the notification timeline is for Albania? It isn't on the original sheet that shows all of the past few years of notification dates.

Cheers!

I'm still following this group and rooting for everyone as you get your notifications! I must say, I'm kind of jealous of the scale of the community - that you can ask question about the timeline for hearing from the university and someone might know. That's a question I really want to know for my program but don't know who to turn to! (I know it will come eventually, but I'm also impatient...)

Congrats to everyone who's gotten good news so far, and fingers crossed for whoever is currently waiting on news from the UK! (That's where I was applying for.) 

Found out Wednesday afternoon that I was accepted to the ETA program in Germany. Dang, I had written off the opportunity for my own sanity as graduation approaches and it is honestly surreal. Helps little that I am currently at a national competition for speech and debate but what are you going to do? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and well done to all who have applied. I'm stoked and kinda scared as to what this will all look like but that is to be expected. I'll have to keep an eye on the thread for more Germany people when I can actually get to my computer!

I was just awarded the ETA grant to the Dominican Republic.

Same, congrats!

I wonder how many of us there are this time around. Usually, there are only 2 spots, but the number of applicants has grown over the years, so who knows?

Question for anyone who might know this detail: what type of visa do German ETAs end up getting? (It's one that authorizes working, right?)

I ask because I'm trying to figure out if my husband will be permitted to work while he's there with me. It looks like, from what I've found, that it depends on what type of visa I have, but not totally sure about that.

So for those folks that have been offered a grant and have accessed the portal...

Am I missing the place where we should upload our documents? It says in the 'Programs' folder but when I go there it's just blank? No place to upload anything. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here.

I'm having the same issue.  The address page has a button to click on but the programs page does not.  Maybe it's a browser issue or maybe the site isn't up and running yet.

I'm having the same issue.  The address page has a button to click on but the programs page does not.  Maybe it's a browser issue or maybe the site isn't up and running yet.

If you scroll down to where it lists your program, ID number, etc. and click on that, it takes you to a new page with details about your grant. Scroll down and you should see "Add new document." Hope that helps!

Here's a question for the amazing brain-power/experience of this group...

Is there a typical time-frame to hear from your host institution after you get a (P) from the IIE? Is this information on the past-year spreadsheet in a place I've not yet found?

Disclaimer: I'm not asking just amplify the anxiety of those still waiting on their status. It just seems the waiting never ends!

Last year Thailand ETA folks were notified April 10th and we got our first email from Fulbright Thailand on April 24, and our information packet at (I believe) the end of May. So not much wait time at all. I can't speak for research/scholars though

Edited by PetrasPebbles

Hey!!! I also got an ETA in Mexico yesterday! Super excited!!!! 

I got an ETA to Mexico too! Looking forward to meeting you all! We should form a Facebook group soon.

Hey!!! I also got an ETA in Mexico yesterday! Super excited!!!! 

I got an ETA to Mexico too! Looking forward to meeting you all! We should form a Facebook group soon.

Congrats to both of you!

If you scroll down to where it lists your program, ID number, etc. and click on that, it takes you to a new page with details about your grant. Scroll down and you should see "Add new document." Hope that helps!

When I click on it nothing happens.  It just sorts the zero items that are listed, haha.  Maybe its because not enough time has passed since I was notified (3/17).  

Any other Turkey ETA people having the same issue with attempting to upload documents?

Here's what my page looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/LSnMGP4.jpg