Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

As a Canadian applicant applying to Canadian universities, my first deadlines are in the next few days. Two of my applications have been forwarded for review and reading prior posts has definitely heightened my anxiety! 

I am already checking my email continuously throughout the day, and like @ashiepoo said earlier, I am also not being as productive at work as I should be! 

February is going to be difficult. LOL. 

Not a historian, but dropping in to say a friend is on the CUNY history adcomm and they are meeting 2/6 (or 2/3, I could be mixing it up).  My friend says the SOPs and CVs are all really impressive so far. Good luck everyone!

This is only well informed conjecture, but I'm expecting the first round of UNC-CH decisions to come out today. Good chance they take a lot of people off of the wait list because their $15k stipends often encourage people to take other offers. Excellent school and department though with a top notch faculty and great history grads.

My Cambridge application has been recommended for admission, subject to approval by the Board of Graduate Studies! That's pretty exciting because from what I understand BoGS approval is all but a formality in Cambridge's case and I've basically been admitted already. And after only one week of review!

My chances for funding at Cambridge are somewhat small because I missed the general deadline for scholarship applications and am only in the running for one specific source of funding, but that's still heartening news. I can't wait for the official offer of admission, though.

Edited by L13

Keep in mind people who received early acceptances may not be posting on the results board. 

In the next week or two, it's going to really heat up. I know it's impossible to enjoy the calm before the storm, but I doubt our anxieties will diminish until April 15th arrives and we all know, one way or another, where we are going to be come the Fall term.

I've gotten three conference acceptances in the last 24 hours, including one international conference in Germany, which I am very excited about! But nothing, oh nothing, from schools...