Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

An update of my earlier freak out about UPenn requiring English proficiency proof from me:  I just spoke to the admissions office, my app is complete and no proof is required.  Phew!

An update of my earlier freak out about UPenn requiring English proficiency proof from me:  I just spoke to the admissions office, my app is complete and no proof is required.  Phew!

Hi Chiqui74, did you receive any interview requests from UPenn?

Hopefully it brings everyone good cheer and success.

Anyone working on any personal research projects while they wait for decisions to be released?

I am! Coursework is starting to heat up for me, but I'm gathering and organizing primary source documents from an archive near me. The archive basically specializes in modern U.S. military history so I need to get as much out of it while I'm still in CA as I can!

What about you kblooms?

No, no interview, although they have changed the status of the English proficiency properly on the application checklist.  I haven't heard from any program.  I'm trying to resist feeling defeated this early on.

Edits: I can't spell today.

Edited by Chiqui74

No, no interview, although they have changed the status of the English proficiency properly on the application checklist.  I haven't heard from any programs.  I'm trying to resists feeling defeated this early on.

Thanks for responding. 

Anyone working on any personal research projects while they wait for decisions to be released?

I certainly am, working on an in-the-works travelling exhibition here in the UK telling untold stories of unheralded individuals in the Civil Rights Movement, and how the Movement had a direct impact here in the UK. It's pretty amazing and keeping me occupied while I wait.. and wait.... and wait..... 

Anybody else?

I am working on my masters' thesis, which is on federal prosecution of conscientious objectors during World War I. This will be closely related to my dissertation, hopefully...

They were phone calls from the department secretary (for lack of a better word) asking if the applicant was available for a Skype interview on x day between y am and z pm. Don't be too disappointed if you haven't gotten one yet, for all I know they were only for one subfield.