Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

congrats on MSU anthrohis! I'd upvote you, but it seems like I was overzealous with my votes earlier! :)

I just did it for you hah! Next week is going to be overwhelmed with interviews, but at least now I am in a much better mood to prepare for what's coming up.

Heimat -- don't worry! You're going to rock that interview!

Magellan -- I'm sorry to hear that. There's still a ton of schools that haven't notified, I'm sure you'll get into a great program!

anthrohis -- thanks for doing me a solid ;)  and yeah, I was dreading the first notification, but having positive news certainly lifted a weight off!

I'm over here keeping my fingers crossed for everyone and sending y'all good vibes!!

I haven't received any news, good or bad, from any school. I am really anxious to see that some schools that I have applied have sent out interview emails! How sad I've got none! Does it mean I am out of the game if I haven't received any interview emails by now?

Can anyone knows about the interview process illuminate me a bit? Is it just with the POI or also with other faculty such as DGS etc.? Is it in person or by phone/Skype?

Wish you all get admitted to your dream school!

Most programs don't have official interviews. Usually it's a POI wanting to get in touch informally.

Others can probably inform more about programs that tend toward more formal interviews. Only one of the schools I applied to does, and even then it's not consistent. Don't fret just yet! I know it's awful seeing the interviews pop up on the results board when your inbox stays empty, but you'll be hearing back soon enough!

Most programs don't have official interviews. Usually it's a POI wanting to get in touch informally.

Others can probably inform more about programs that tend toward more formal interviews. Only one of the schools I applied to does, and even then it's not consistent. Don't fret just yet! I know it's awful seeing the interviews pop up on the results board when your inbox stays empty, but you'll be hearing back soon enough!

Thank you for your encouragement! Oh yes I fret a lot ... I have applied to Yale and Princeton (and others), both seem to have formal interviews in the past. Best wishes to everyone!

Based on previous trends, I would expect offers from Berkeley in the coming week, and rejections the week after, with a second wave of acceptances in the second or third week of Feb.

From the data, I infer that the send out acceptances to those with university fellowships, then rejections, then acceptances to those who received departmental funding.

Edited by telkanuru

OH I forgot about Boston College. I applied there as well. I keep looking at the results page and it seems like everyone is hearing back except for us!

What is your field? I looked back at my email and my acceptance email from last year came on 2/11.

What is your field? I looked back at my email and my acceptance email from last year came on 2/11.

19th century US and Atlantic World. I'm hoping it comes before 2/11, but realistically I know it probably won't.

Based on previous trends, I would expect offers from Berkeley in the coming week, and rejections the week after, with a second wave of acceptances in the second or third week of Feb.

From the data, I infer that the send out acceptances to those with university fellowships, then rejections, then acceptances to those who received departmental funding.

UNC Chapel Hill just posted its first acceptance. It was by email from a POI.

oh my if this is true, I may hear back from both Berkeley and UNC Chapel Hill next week. What a great boost to the first week of a new semester!

I just tried to explain to my brother why I'm so ecstatic over one of my classes. When I told him it's because the professor structured the reading assignments as though the syllabus was a work of art (the flow of the reading is just gorgeously done...ugh, I'm such a nerd), he looked at me like I grew another head. I should be used to the incredulous looks by now haha