Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

2nd acceptance to Ohio State just posted.  Congrats!

It wasn't me.  I believe they received an email.  My status is still Pending

The second acceptance was me! Thanks!!!

Did you get an email from osu or check some website?

I got an email about it. It was a form acceptance email from the graduate school - not an email from the department chair or anything - and an official letter is apparently coming in the mail.

Damn it.  I just checked my UPenn application status and under the checklist now says I need to submit English proficiency proof.  WTH?  I am not an international student, and all my degrees are from American universities.  According to them my application is not complete.  I'm freaking out.

I just got the most scary email ever. 

'On your application form you declared that you have a criminal conviction and, as stated in the instructions, institutions to which you apply may require further details of the conviction(s) and the nature of the offence(s). I am now writing to request these details.'

I am such an idiot. Who makes a mistake on an application form like that?! (I do not have a criminal conviction).. I just emailed and called them to them them I'm innocent :P I hope this won't have a negative impact on my application..

Elinen--that's so funny! I bet they'll get a laugh out of it.

I'm still shocked OSU started notifying this early...I wonder why. A week seems like a big difference from last year, but I guess it's just the nature of the thing. Here's hoping all the programs want to be early birds, too!

I just got the most scary email ever. 

'On your application form you declared that you have a criminal conviction and, as stated in the instructions, institutions to which you apply may require further details of the conviction(s) and the nature of the offence(s). I am now writing to request these details.'

I am such an idiot. Who makes a mistake on an application form like that?! (I do not have a criminal conviction).. I just emailed and called them to them them I'm innocent :P I hope this won't have a negative impact on my application..

Thats funny! Im sure it wont impact your app since you replied back quickly. Fingers crossed of course. 

Elinen--that's so funny! I bet they'll get a laugh out of it.

I'm still shocked OSU started notifying this early...I wonder why. A week seems like a big difference from last year, but I guess it's just the nature of the thing. Here's hoping all the programs want to be early birds, too!

This is the same time they started notifications last year - the Friday before the last week of January. Like Berkeley, OSU does two waves.

I expected OSU to start notifying this week but didn't realize they had two waves. I wish they would just let me know either way but I guess no notice is better than an outright rejection, right? I remember reading on a thread last year that one person didn't receive their acceptance notice until March (?). To have my application say pending for that long would make me go insane.

Well, Heimat, it's really quite simple. To be an obsessive thread stalker like me, all you have to do is go through every year's applicant thread with a fine-tooth comb (you may or may not do this multiple times, just in case you missed something the first time you read it word-for-word). I'd Start with "Fall 2014 applicants" and work my way backwards ;)

Well, just received my first rejection from Michigan State University. It was probably the best fit and the best chance I had given my LOR. I'm pretty bummed to say the least.

Edited by a.rev

Well, Heimat, it's really quite simple. To be an obsessive thread stalker like me, all you have to do is go through every year's applicant thread with a fine-tooth comb (you may or may not do this multiple times, just in case you missed something the first time you read it word-for-word). I'd Start with "Fall 2014 applicants" and work my way backwards ;)

Then you take notes and distribute them :D

Well, just received my first rejection from Michigan State University. It was probably the best fit and the best chance I had given my LOR. I'm pretty bummed to say the least.

MSU was in my initial list of schools to which I wanted to apply, then I cut it out because I didn't feel it was a good enough fit (despite very positive correspondence with POI).  What is your area, if you don't mind?

Edited by Chiqui74