Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

"We're the U.S government, anything is legal" ~MacArthur

"..f*** yeah..." ~FDR

I got such a good laugh out of that scene

EDIT:

Congratz scirefaciat!

Edited by LeventeL

I'm obsessing over snow boots!  I've never had to buy them and I'm told I NEED a pair for my NYC visit.  There are so many choices! I actually ordered a pair that arrived today but they are hideously clunky and slightly big.  I mean, is it really going to be bad enough this weekend that I'll NEED snow boots???

I'm obsessing over snow boots!  I've never had to buy them and I'm told I NEED a pair for my NYC visit.  There are so many choices! I actually ordered a pair that arrived today but they are hideously clunky and slightly big.  I mean, is it really going to be bad enough this weekend that I'll NEED snow boots???

I live in New York and went to NYU and, no, you probably don't NEED winter boots. It may snow a little while you are here but the majority of the snow from earlier in the week should be taken care of by the weekend. The most important factors for your shoe choice are warmth, comfort (if you will be walking a lot), and traction. Also, keep in mind that you may have to hop over large glacial puddles of slush-ice-water.

DC just wimped out.  Federal government and University of Maryland-College Park shut down for a snow day tomorrow (2/17).

As for NYC, I agree.  Sidewalks will be shoveled.  I definitely recommend warmth and weatherproof as you will be walking around quite a bit (especially to find the right subway stop from street level!).

Looks like another day of canceled classes at Vandy again. Boo.....

I know Vandy's killing me. Nashville must be covered in ice or something, otherwise it seems like the amount of snow they've gotten would not warrant two days of cancelled classes. 

I know Vandy's killing me. Nashville must be covered in ice or something, otherwise it seems like the amount of snow they've gotten would not warrant two days of cancelled classes. 

Yeah, that is pretty much the case: roads turned into sheets of ice and supermarkets running out of some food. I am just glad I am not in town right now.

Anna Leigh,

The weather here isn't that bad, but Nashvillians freak out at the slightest bit of snow. Or ice. Or rain, for that matter.   People can't drive safely here when its 80º and sunny, so if the weather sucks, watch out!  1/8" of snow causes people to buy out the supermarket! So strange...

I want french toast...

Guess I wont be hearing from College Park today! As Aubstopper said, "Snowpocalypse."

The DC area really is not really bad enough today to warrant cancellations but people freak out here, too!

I'd love to hear from Maryland (or anywhere else, who am I kidding). Hoping for more by Friday?