Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted to UT-Austin as of early this a.m.

Accepted into UVA off of the wait list in IR!!!!!! Unofficial email from the DGS last night. :) I'd been in contact with the department and they said they had more than one IR spot to fill, so don't lose hope. :)

Congrats to both of you! It's exciting to see people get into the schools they have been hoping for :)

I contacted Michigan State's DGS roughly 2 weeks ago concerning my status. He told me in a rather taxed manner that he does not recollect someone with my name being admitted and that they were sending out rejections. He assured me that I was not admitted. Because I did not receive any rejection notice, either in mail or e-mail, I decided to check my status again.Still says that my file is under review. WTF!?!?! lol Good job MSU, good job.

Edited by Facade19

I was put on a waitlist for Comparative Politics by Notre Dame. As of one week before the admission decisions deadline I am yet to hear anything from them. I was wondering if any one of you is accepted, waitlisted or have any idea about the admission process..

Wait-listed at Davis and Michigan. Haven't heard anything from either. Holding onto every last hope.

Also: congrats Bubandis (great name) and souwant2becliche!

"You're prostituting yourselves for cheeseburgers again, aren't ya?"

"A man's gotta eat, Julian."

Haha, thanks man! Excellent quote, too! I hope that you are admitted off of one of those wait lists!

I've declined my Texas - Austin, and, Stony Brook offers. Hope that this allows someone to receive a last minute offer.

People might think I am a bit crazy on the SB choice, but they seriously need to improve the stipend....that'd be too stressful for me. Plus, I really liked my visit to UVA and think that it will be great fit. 

Regardless, it's the 15th at last! Woohoo! Congrats to everyone who got in this cycle :D

Congrats to everyone who got in, I hope you end up going to the right place. For the rest there's still hope, just stay tuned for deadline madness. Still, if nothing happens this cycle, remember that an extra year can only improve your chances.