NSF GRFP 2014-2015

geographyrocks

Is the release time in Eastern Standard Time?  If it is, I might end up staying up after all...

Eastern Daylight Time, but yeah, Eastern Time! ;)

I only point this out because I just learned the difference this past year, after travelling cross-country to my program and learning about Arizona's weirdness. Yes, I'm an adult. XD

so is it not coming out tonight since there isn't a maintenance message on the GRFP Fastlane?

*clearly already losing it

Edited by HockeyNerd

only on the main fastlane page which isn't normally how it happens

I'll recap. You are correct this isn't normally how it happens. BUT the NSF operator message said it would be released in the next 2 days when a previous poster called today. This year the largest number of people applied so they have a larger task to do so they may need to take the whole website down, or they could just be changing it up cause they can. Results have always been released Tuesday or Fridays. 

Hence the panic. 

Yeah I get you, I was just hoping for something more concrete. Actually I just want the results now.

Maybe they just enjoy our pain, I'll just stress eat some more cheesy broccoli and avoid finishing my poster with all you lovelies while we wait.

I was trying really hard not to care, but here I am. I love the fact that 190 people are in this thread haha. Someone should open up a Google hangout or something to pass the time. I definitely won't be staying up though. I value my sleep :) 

I was trying really hard not to care, but here I am. I love the fact that 190 people are in this thread haha. Someone should open up a Google hangout or something to pass the time. I definitely won't be staying up though. I value my sleep :)

Ditto. I can't seem to help myself.

I feel like last year they were super behind what they said they would do, what with the government shutdown and everything. I am very hesitant to believe it will be out "before" early April.

Since they apparently said "within two days" when someone inquired earlier today, I'm more inclined to think it'll be released tomorrow night.

While I agree, NSF has released on a Tuesday or a Friday (early morning) pretty consistently since 2008. 

While I agree, NSF has released on a Tuesday or a Friday (early morning) pretty consistently since 2008. 

True, true. Let's hope they stay consistent.

I think I need to ban myself from the internet for the next few hours so I don't drive myself crazy checking here/email/FastLane.