MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I forgot to ask while I was there too. I was all caught up in excitement and nervousness...

I hope it is soon. How did your interview go?

I thought it went well so I hope I get in. Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Has anyone heard from University of Washington or know when they will be contacting people?

I was accepted there last year.  Initial contact on 2/12 via phone from faculty.  I then flew out for a visit (no interview) around spring break time.  Hope that helps!   

Edited by bladerunner

Does anyone have any information on the funding situation for UC San Diego?

Their website of course lists how much the in state and out of state tuition is, but then I have also seen floating around on here something that says "UCSD- full funding+assistantship"

Thoughts?...

Their website of course lists how much the in state and out of state tuition is, but then I have also seen floating around on here something that says "UCSD- full funding+assistantship"

Thoughts?...

I'm not positive, but I've heard UCSD is structured similarly to most UC schools, so you probably wont have to worry about tuition. I was just accepted at UC Davis and they offer TA opportunities to first-year grads which basically wipes out 95% of your tuition and you get a $1000/month stipend on top of it. And at Davis, second-year grads get a bunch of fellowships, which may eliminate the need to TA if you're lucky. Pretty sweet deal overall, and you also get health insurance once you're in the UC system which is great. 

Edited by Vinny51

Thoughts?...

I know someone who went to UCSD, they got funding and an Assistantship, from what I remember it's not across the board, but not totally sure.

Congrats! They aren't great, there are mentions of it in previous threads if you search this subforum for "cca". But I've heard their 'standard' package is around 15k (out of their 40-50k tuition, and the bay is insane to live in).