MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

welp got wait listed for RISD printmaking

yup, I got waitlisted too for RISD printmaking, but I had already decided last week to accept an offer with UConn (fully funded & teaching assistantship) so I guess their waitlist is one person shorter now ;)

Edited by 201oldmill

Just checked my application status for Tyler (Sculpture) - applicant denied. Two more to go~~

same here, but I had already figured that out since interview requests were sent long time ago. Had already gone through the disappointment.

Edited by Milkyways

Congrats! They aren't great, there are mentions of it in previous threads if you search this subforum for "cca". But I've heard their 'standard' package is around 15k (out of their 40-50k tuition, and the bay is insane to live in). 

Thanks! I thought it might be that way (sigh feels like this is the case at every school that I got word from), although their site lists diversity fellowships that I'm going to investigate. Hoping to figure out more soon!

the penguins are where its at.

So, erm UBC, is anyone applied University of British Columbia? Has anyone heard anything back from them yet?

I am so good at typing. Sorry guyz, my fingers can't keep up with my brain...or vice versa. I swear I'm not a tard.  "HAS ANYONE APPLIED TO UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA?"

THANK YOU

Same. I think it's likely that we'll receive an official decision on the 13th.

just got an official invite to PennDesign's open house on March 30! Does that mean they don't send acceptance letters until after? Or should I still expect one on March 13? 

just got an official invite to PennDesign's open house on March 30! Does that mean they don't send acceptance letters until after? Or should I still expect one on March 13? 

Same. I think it's likely that we'll receive an official decision on the 13th.

Agree. I emailed them back to ask if it is more for prospective applicants or gets into detail that accepted folks would need/want to know. I already went to the open house in November - it was a great day, really hands-on and informative, but not sure I can/should take off work for the same agenda!

Just got fully funded + TA + stipend at 1st choice school.

I don't mean for that to come off as bragging; but rather, words of encouragement. I've gone through the application process twice with almost 100% rejection across the board and almost held back from applying this year. Stay positive and do residencies!

I don't mean for that to come off as bragging; but rather, words of encouragement. I've gone through the application process twice with almost 100% rejection across the board and almost held back from applying this year. Stay positive and do residencies!

Congrats! Which school? 

Hi guys!

I have an interview on Saturday at SAIC! Any tips? I'm coming from Orlando so I'm already trying to prepare for the cold D:

Other than that, I've been accepted and offered full funding at UCF, where I am currently attending as an undergrad. Still waiting to hear from NYU and FSU :)

Edited by nikkiduck

Congrats!

This made me feel better. Any residencies you could recommend? Particularly ones with funding?

This made me feel better. Any residencies you could recommend? Particularly ones with funding?

Vermont Studio Center, for its calibre of atmosphere, facilties, community and visiting artists. They offer some fully funded fellowhips; however, even if you don't receive one, they're pretty generous about grants/work-study. Even if you end up shelling out a couple of grand,  it's worth the experience on many levels (not to mention pennies compared to a semester of grad school). This is a shameless plug, but anyone else on this board who has been there can vouch for it. 

MacDowell is fully funded and I believe Yaddo is fully or partially, but I haven't been to either.

Edited by Czarina

When a school says you'll recieve your admissions notification soon via post ... Does that mean you were accepted or that a decision has been made and we do t know what it is yet....? I'm over analyzing

Im not feeling so great about my prospects after Berkeley's rejection yesterday. I haven't heard back from a lot of programs yet, but I'm not taking it as a good sign... Too early to be pessimistic? 

Edited by Coreythegiraffe