MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Anyone knows when hunter will announce decisions?

They said to me the first week of April too... something to do with making decisions in the next couple of weeks and then submitting to the admissions office which takes care of all the particulars.

I'm hoping this week. This waiting... ugh... I hate it.

NYU Tisch or NYU Stienhardt? What day did you interview...I was there 3/9 maybe we ran into each other, Stienhardt that is.

Congrats it is a freaking awesome school.

nyu's admission process after interviews is super staggered.. they let applicants know slowly. I applied there last year.. so don't stress if you don't hear right away

nyu's admission process after interviews is super staggered.. they let applicants know slowly. I applied there last year.. so don't stress if you don't hear right away

im dying to know.. why does it take so long.. 

BTW, are u 1st yr student at stienhardt?

What is the proper etiquette for letting a program know that you are not going to accept their offer? Phone call? Email? Has anyone done this so far? Did you give your reasons or just respectfully decline?

I think you should call. Calling them sucks and it would be easier to email, but yea, I think it is just the more respectful thing to do. Make sure to thank them and tell them how much you appreciate their offer....

Just my opinion tho!

I know one super-mega talented amazing gal on here has received her funding offer from SAIC.

Was this about me?? Aw. Thanks gurl!!!

But yea, I got funding from the fiber department but I called SAIC sculpture and they already have given out their merit scholarships. If you didn't get a letter saying that you got a merit scholarship or an email, then I would guess that you didn't get one. But, you could call and ask like I did. It's awkward but whatever. The lady was really nice about it when I asked.

I think you should call. Calling them sucks and it would be easier to email, but yea, I think it is just the more respectful thing to do. Make sure to thank them and tell them how much you appreciate their offer....

Just my opinion tho!

What is the proper etiquette for letting a program know that you are not going to accept their offer? Phone call? Email? Has anyone done this so far? Did you give your reasons or just respectfully decline? 

I emailed all my schools so they had it in writing. If I was in contact with a particular person, I also shot them an email thanking them for all the time and attention. All emails I've sent out have gotten a "please come visit us if you're ever out this way". So left it on a good note.

If you call, follow up with an email so they have a paper trail.

and I just said "I am writing to formally decline the offer of admission. Thank you so much for the consideration and time spent evaluating my application. Please pass these thanks onto the committee"

Good to know for future reference! I think I will call and email from now on!

Thanks!

Accepted at Mills, waiting on funding; even if they waive tuition, it goes without saying that the cost of living in the bay is freakin ridiculous, so they'd have to offer a generous stipend or I'd have live on my little brother's couch for two years... too bad, bc I love the program!

I hope everyone is treating themselves accordingly after this grueling process, regardless of outcome. I ditched work today and am going museum hopping alone! Weee! 

Edited by Czarina

Nyu steinhardt people:

I found out today that it's a total anomaly that I know and most decisions have not gone out

Sorry for alarming any of you guys :)

Congratulations! I was spazzing out hard. I had a sinus infection during my interview so I felt it could have gone better... But fingers crossed!