MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I got full funding for madison and stipend, but only half and half the stipend for Tyler. I really want to go to Tyler tho ! Anyone else having similar dilemas ?

If Tyler  was my IDEAL program I would risk it and go there. If the difference between the two programs is not that big, then go with the best funding offer.  

Waitlisted to Hoffberger... again.  Got a nice handwritten note from Chris, though.  He's a good dude.  Anyone thinking of declining? :-/

Talking to the director of SAIC's Post Bac tomorrow about funding.  If they offer me something decent and MICA falls through, I might go.  I loved that place. 

Still waiting on official rejections from RISD, VCU, and SVA.  It's been a long, torturous few months.  :( 

Accepted at Mills, waiting on funding; even if they waive tuition, it goes without saying that the cost of living in the bay is freakin ridiculous, so they'd have to offer a generous stipend or I'd have live on my little brother's couch for two years... too bad, bc I love the program!

I hope everyone is treating themselves accordingly after this grueling process, regardless of outcome. I ditched work today and am going museum hopping alone! Weee! 

Congratulations Czarina! And yeah I totally hear what you're saying about the bay area. I was accepted to Mills as well, but I think I may have to turn them down. They offered me a generous fellowship,  but even with that, I cant afford tuition + the bay area rent. If I had a couch to live on, i'd probably consider it... who knows. Mills seems like such an amazing school though.

Edited by Vinny51

Accepted into Tyler! I was told I would only pay basically half of everything including a TA assistantship in Rome the very first semester. Kind of intimidated to study abroad first thing but its the best offer i've gotten so far

While this is not specific to mfa programs, did anyone else apply for the Vermont studio center fellowships? They said they'd make their decisions by April...has anyone heard anything?

hey, I gave up my spot yesterday, and I found out I was in about a month ago only after calling, so maybe that's a good idea. Good luck

Accepted into Tyler! I was told I would only pay basically half of everything including a TA assistantship in Rome the very first semester. Kind of intimidated to study abroad first thing but its the best offer i've gotten so far

It could be the teacher doing Rome the first semester (I interviewed with him but forgot his name) wants to work with you ! I studied abroAd two yesrs in my undergrad in FrAnce. This is a great offer and you get to see all the masters for a couple months and be in Europe ! Don't be scared !! This is exciting congrats !!

Got an offer from Glasgow School of Art, so I'll be turning down my other offers. If anyone's on the UPenn waiting list, hopefully this helps!

Congratulations, Lauren! I, too, received an offer from GSA and will likely accept. Hope to see you there.

So I'm definitely assuming rejection from my new top choice, CMU. This leaves me w/ acceptances from MICA, SAIC Low-Res, and American U. This week I'll be doing some heavy research on visiting artists, professors and recent grads.

This is going to be a tough decision...Pick one of these schools, or wait again and apply next year???? MICA is ranked high these days, but I was only offered 1/3 funding. I want grad school NOW, but man. Maybe I need to wait. :(

So I'm definitely assuming rejection from my new top choice, CMU. This leaves me w/ acceptances from MICA, SAIC Low-Res, and American U. This week I'll be doing some heavy research on visiting artists, professors and recent grads.

This is going to be a tough decision...Pick one of these schools, or wait again and apply next year???? MICA is ranked high these days, but I was only offered 1/3 funding. I want grad school NOW, but man. Maybe I need to wait. :(

Why do you want it now? Why do you NEED it now? The answer to those will probably also answer your question about whether you should wait or not. Good luck! Tough choice. I was really happy I waited. Sounds like Czarina is too. It's a very heavy personal decision. The debt will take a long time to pay off regardless.

I don't think you should assume rejection to Carnegie Mellon yet!! My interviewer told me we won't hear back till the last week of March. Carnegie Mellon goes on spring break around now so it takes them a while. Wait to see what your top choice says! Don't give up on them yet!!!

Maybe call them?

Edited by Leahdog

Why do you want it now? Why do you NEED it now? The answer to those will probably also answer your question about whether you should wait or not. Good luck! Tough choice. I was really happy I waited. Sounds like Czarina is too. It's a very heavy personal decision. The debt will take a long time to pay off regardless.

These are very good questions. For me, I know I'm ready now. I'm over 30, so that's one thing. I'm super ready. I feel like every year I wait it lowers my chances for my top choices (seeing how they usually seem to select a couple over 30s, so more competition for those spots).  

Yet I do know that waiting one more round my work will be even better and my application and knowledge of the process will give me a competitive edge I may not have had this year. 

It is great to hear that you went through this decision too, and came out better for it this year. More power to you. The app process was rough though. Going through it again….yikes.

Scratch that--- just got a call from John Carson offering ACCEPTANCE TO CARNEGIE MELLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Bday present EVER. Cannot believe it.

CONGRATS! That's awesome! 

Scratch that--- just got a call from John Carson offering ACCEPTANCE TO CARNEGIE MELLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Bday present EVER. Cannot believe it.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH happy happy day. Go celebrate! You should be incredibly proud. Now go tell everyone you know :) yay! Very happy for you!

Hi, I was accepted to MICA and received the merit scholarship but I want to wait to hear back from VCU before I accept. Does anyone know if VCU has already started contacting people?

The schools I applied to are:

Rutgers - Nope

MICA - Accepted

UO - Waiting list

VCU - haven't heard back 

Edited by WoodenBubbles

Awesome!! Congrats!! I also got the call today! I was also accepted into UCLA Design Media Arts yesterday, another one of my top choices!! Now the stress is finally over for me. Hope this will soon be for everyone else...

Edited by hooraypublic