MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I have an interview with the sculpture department at RISD!!! :)

Leahdog, me too! :) do you know what kind of questions they use to ask in their interviews? Anyone knows? Nerves, nerves, nerves!

Leahdog, me too! :) do you know what kind of questions they use to ask in their interviews? Anyone knows? Nerves, nerves, nerves!

Not really, but there is an amazing list of compiled questions in one of the other threads if you haven't noticed! Yeah, I wish we had a RISD graduate in here we could bug like the UCLA student that stops in sometimes! :)

Congratulations to everyone with the RISD interviews!  I assume these interview requests went out at the same time?  Now even more anxious for Columbia, Boston, Rutgers, and Hunter.

Congratulations! Did they notify you via email?

but it says that a member of the faculty is traveling so they won't start scheduling interviews until march 7th, so if you didn't get the mail there still is plenty of time.

Hello everyone,

Did anyone get email from Parsons Design and Technology for the interview?

Today (Friday 20th) I've an interview with SFAI Art and Technology Deparment, any ideas or suggestions about it?

Thanks!

but it says that a member of the faculty is traveling so they won't start scheduling interviews until march 7th, so if you didn't get the mail there still is plenty of time.

Thank you for the info! I hope to hear from them soon..

Hello everyone,

Did anyone get email from Parsons Design and Technology for the interview?

Today (Friday 20th) I've an interview with SFAI Art and Technology Deparment, any ideas or suggestions about it?

Thanks!

Hi,

I applied and got accepted to Parson's Art and Tech program last year. They did not conduct any interviews then. I did not accept the offer because there was no funding options.

Did u applied to Art and Technology programs in other schools? Like UT Dallas and Virginia Tech?

Has anyone applied to Studio Visit magazine or New American Paintings?

I applied to both.  Got rejected twice from New American Paintings, but I got into Studio Visit last year.  Can't remember the issue off the top of my head.  

Someday, New American Paintings...  Someday.  

I applied to both.  Got rejected twice from New American Paintings, but I got into Studio Visit last year.  Can't remember the issue off the top of my head.  

Someday, New American Paintings...  Someday.  

I really like your work! I hope to apply to New American Paintings sometime soon.  Did you receive any feedback after having your work published in Studio Visits?

the university of arizona

Thank you for clarifying. :)

I really like your work! I hope to apply to New American Paintings sometime soon.  Did you receive any feedback after having your work published in Studio Visits?

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Thanks man.  A couple of people have emailed me saying that they saw my work in Studio Visit and wanted me to be a part of their exhibitions, but most of the people I've encountered so far seem to be asking for ridiculous entry fees... Red flags everywhere.

I did get an email from East Tennessee University's Slocumb Galleries, however, and now I currently have a painting on display in their juried show... So... was it worth paying to publish my work in Studio Visit?  Meh... but it was cool to see my stuff in print.

One of my profs made the cover of New American Paintings once.  Then he made it in again a few years later.  So jelly.   Maybe someday.  

Edited by Kelly Neibert

Just called RISD to get info regarding the status of my application. I was told that they are still being processed and will be out in the next couple of weeks...  

But, then later that day you got an email for an interview! What crazy luck! :) CONGRATS! 

Do you think that person you talked to was just confused or do you think they are sending out interview requests in batches? Can you tell I am still hopeful! RISD was my top pick! Trying to visualize an email from them in my inbox tomorrow. :)

I think it's SO nice when people who have been admitted in the past come on here to share insight with current applicants.  Once you go through the stress of getting caught up in this process, it's uber generous to remember and revisit this site to offer your two cents when you can.

One of my recommenders is a graduate of one of my top programs, and he's been so extraordinarily helpful to me throughout the process.  Part of this is that he's a generous person, but also I see more and more that this is because he knows how hard and stressful and anxiety inducing all of this is, and knows how much it means to have any support/insight possible.

Hi David, 

With all do respect, could I ask why you are on this forum (and was last year) when you were accepted to UCLA a while ago.

Are you working in admissions at UCLA, or just like to help and give guidance to applicants?

@corey, haha no i'm not scouting admissions, I just peak in the year's freak out forum and say my bit if its pertaining to UCLA. And I suppose as techno said, I've been through it and maybe what bit I say can help alleviate some anxiety from the mystery of it all. 

Hi elinik, I applied to NYU ITP, UCLA DMA other than SFAI A&T and Parsons D&T. Still no news from Parsons and I guess ITP doesn't interview too. Good luck on your applications!

I've also an interview with UCLA at March 6th, any suggestions will be appreciated.

If you're applying for DMA I can't really provide much help. If they do things similar to the art dept, I suppose just be yourself, it shouldn't be a serious interrogation just some chit chat, a few maybe easy questions regarding practice/ moving to LA, they're getting a vibe of you. Bear in mind, this doesn't apply to other schools that conduct a more rigorous interview process (e.g., Yale). 

Edited by kwonberry

I've noticed that some people are in communication with faculty at the schools they have applied to. Should I be doing this? Is it appropriate at this point in the game to start letting them know how interested I am in their program? I haven't received any interviews yet and I'm just curious if there is more I could be doing...

Hi elinik, I applied to NYU ITP, UCLA DMA other than SFAI A&T and Parsons D&T. Still no news from Parsons and I guess ITP doesn't interview too. Good luck on your applications!

I've also an interview with UCLA at March 6th, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hey congrats! And guess I might see you in UCLA's interview! Can I ask what kinds of medium you work with? (like more code base, or 3D, or web, etc?)

Edited by hooraypublic