MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Accepted to Northwestern's art theory and practice. This program has such a great faculty, and it's the best funding offer so far. I can't understand why it's ranked so low in us news. Considering it very seriously.

I felt the same way after visiting U of Chicago. Their faculty is great, their new art building and grad studios are great, and I was super impressed by the level of discussion and interaction I saw when I sat in on their critique class. On the wait list there now, and I'm seriously considering applying again next year if I don't get in this time around.

Hi- Yes, a friend interviewing with Film/Video received her informal acceptance email the following day. Not sure about the other departments. 

Did you get your result yet for sculpture?

thanks. haven't gotten anything but also presuming rejection based on my list of rejections.

Seems like a lot of people were denied by UCLA this year.

Edited by photochick

I've been creepin heavy on this forum -

Anyone hear back from UW Seattle outside the 3d4m realm?

How about RIT or Syracuse outside of Photo?

Thus far accepted to Davis - SMFA

Interviewing with Purchase - anyone else?

Not a thing from UW Seattle! Going crazy waiting to hear something

Interviewing with Purchase as well! 

You should go-its a free program and I believe you also get a stipend. It's one of the most competitive programs and the faculty is amazing! Only downside are the facilities aren't amazing.

Yes! This is exactly what I meant when I said to pit offers against each other. Don't be bashful people. Sounds like you went with the rational decision, good for you!

I felt the same way after visiting U of Chicago. Their faculty is great, their new art building and grad studios are great, and I was super impressed by the level of discussion and interaction I saw when I sat in on their critique class. On the wait list there now, and I'm seriously considering applying again next year if I don't get in this time around.

I guess those rankings make much more sense for programs where students can be assessed  by their numbers.

I only applied to schools that would cover tuition. Cornell, Alfred and Maryland University-college park all have offered to cover tuition and you even end up getting an extra stipend of 5000/year for your G.A. or T.A (6 to 10 hours a week depending on the school). , which is great. But Northwestern's financial offer -full tuition + 1900 /month coming from a Fellowship  first year then from T.A.s and G.A.s in the second year- is so good I wouldn't have to worry about money for expenses. 

I have heard about the studios and the facilities , I am planning to visit before I make a decision. Right now my work doesn't really need much of a studio, but you never know what turn it may take.

Anyone going stir crazy at their mind numbing job? School is several months away, but I feel like I have adult senioritis or something.

I feel your pain. I just keep telling myself the money I'm making now will pay for my time in the program! With August being my estimated moving month, There's only a little more than four months to go...

I haven't heard peep from the schools I applied, aside from Temple. 

When did you guys hear about your admissions decisions? I'm specifically curious about Alfred and RISD (sculpture). 

I didn't hear back from them for an interview so I'm getting increasingly nervous. 

I feel your pain. I just keep telling myself the money I'm making now will pay for my time in the program! With August being my estimated moving month, There's only a little more than four months to go...

Anyone going stir crazy at their mind numbing job? School is several months away, but I feel like I have adult senioritis or something.

I am totally checked out of work; telling myself the same things! Feeling fortunate to not give a fuck...about my job.

got an email from arnold j kemp at vcu. i didn't get in but he invited me to apply for the summer studio program with a waived application fee. that would be coool...but i can't afford the $5,000 fee to attend

I keep getting "To date, no decision has been made on your application." I've refreshed OH at least 30 times today. Rah.

Call the department. You could be waitlisted but I know painting candidates have all ready received admission offers.

Call the department. You could be waitlisted but I know painting candidates have all ready received admission offers.

Finally got a live human (called earlier today too). They said to call back if I don't hear by Monday. DENA, how do you know all candidates have received offers?

Just got a rejection notification from SAIC via email.  Offered a spot in their Post Bac program, but I'll probably decline.  Can't justify the extra debt. 

Damn.  Looks like I'll be trying again next year.  4th time is the charm, right? 

got an email from arnold j kemp at vcu. i didn't get in but he invited me to apply for the summer studio program with a waived application fee. that would be coool...but i can't afford the $5,000 fee to attend

Just got that same e-mail.  I had already assumed rejection from VCU so it's not a heartbreaker.  It would be extremely nice to have that time to work in their summer program, but I'm with you...it's probably not in the cards for me financially.