Fall 2015 Applicants

@jalapeno_bagel - how does the penn interview process work? they contact the applicant for the interview, correct? i haven't heard a peep from them since i applied a few weeks ago. 

I was accepted to Upenn about a week and a half after my interview - they both emailed me to check my admissions decision letter online, and called me on the phone. They gave me $20,000 total, for the two years. 

Thanks! I interviewed with the associate dean and she said she was recommending me for admission and that I would likely get official word this week but now I'm starting to worry about the cost  :unsure:. Have you decided where you will be going?

@jalapeno_bagel - how does the penn interview process work? they contact the applicant for the interview, correct? i haven't heard a peep from them since i applied a few weeks ago. 

I heard from them about a week after I turned in my application but I'm pretty sure that was only because they were doing the Future of Social Change tour in CA and they wanted to schedule my interview while the were in LA. From what I understand they were headed back to Philadelphia last Friday so hopefully you hear soon!

I haven't decided where I'm going yet, still waiting to hear back from 4 schools. As of right now UPenn is my first choice, but I can't really feel certain until I've heard from everywhere. Also I've been told that you can use financial aid from one school as leverage to get more than another - so if for some reason another school grants me more, I might be able to negotiate with Penn.

They emailed me a couple of weeks after I applied asking me to set up a skype interview. During the interview they told me I should hear within two weeks - they both called me and emailed me to check my app status online, where there was a decision letter uploaded.

I haven't decided where I'm going yet, still waiting to hear back from 4 schools. As of right now UPenn is my first choice, but I can't really feel certain until I've heard from everywhere. Also I've been told that you can use financial aid from one school as leverage to get more than another - so if for some reason another school grants me more, I might be able to negotiate with Penn.

They emailed me a couple of weeks after I applied asking me to set up a skype interview. During the interview they told me I should hear within two weeks - they both called me and emailed me to check my app status online, where there was a decision letter uploaded.

Where did you check online? I've been accepted but can't find the letter online.

I randomly just got into Penn! If you scroll down to the bottom, you should see the names of your recommenders. Right above that, there's a button that says "view checklist" and then right above that is a button that says "view your decision letter." 

Yeah. Michigan has a great program! Did you get scholarship from both of them?

I applied for Tulane's MSW/MPH so I'm still waiting to hear if I got into the MPH program before I'll hear about scholarships. For Michigan I'm doing their Peace Corps Masters International program so that gave me $20,000. I'm torn!

What about you have you made a decision??

@MermaidMSW and @hiclub2 - I'm not sure where I'll go yet. I think Columbia is still my top choice, but I haven't heard from them yet and I know they don't give much merit aid. :unsure: Still waiting on Fordham and Chicago too. We'll see!

Hi everyone,

I recently got my acceptances to Penn, Pitt, and UMich.  The decision is not as easy as I thought it would be.  I live near Penn and have been meeting current/former students from the SP2 program, and I visited Pitt last week and am scheduled to visit UMich in 2 weeks.  Right now, they all stand out to me for different reasons...

Any current students of any of these schools have a solid reason they chose their program over another?  Ultimately, it's up to me of course, but the more research I do and the more opinions I hear, the better. I hope.

I'm out of state also and I was offered $16,000 for the year. I personally thought it was a very generous scholarship.

How did you find out how much was offered? Can you check online or was it sent in the mail? (I was accepted 1/22)

Hey past and present CSU MSW applicants,

I was accepted into CSUDH which I'd be happy to attend but I have to a week to accept. I'm on pending for CSULB and have yet to hear from CSULA. I'm ready to go for the MSW already but would prefer CSULB (where I got my undergrad) and CSULA (for the forensic program). 

So my question is, does anyone have experience with accepting admission until you hear back from other preferred schools? Would I be able to withdraw if accepted somewhere else or would that be shooting myself in the foot later? I have a week to make a decision and I'm totally lost. Help!