Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Yes, this is how I understood it as well. I am taking a day off work on Monday to go get that done as well as some financial stuff :)

Does anyone know, how long it takes an OSAP loan generally before you get it and are able to pay for school. I am nervous about not having the loan in time to pay for tuition in August 

:) any help much appreciated

Also to add, in case anyone missed it, for those who are going to UofT this Fall but don't have facebook or don't want to use facebook I made a group here on gradcafe, I'd love to continue keeping in contact with you all through the forum but no facebook account for me

Hi b39!

I was at the advanced standing welcome day last week, and the registrar said that unless a person is starting classes in the summer term, they can pick up their tcard after June 1st. They are not available for September start students until then.

David

Anyone else still not heard anything from York? Should I be considering myself rejected at this point?

i haven't heard back from York either. As this point, I consider it a rejection. If York wanted me, they would have accepted me long ago rather than drag the process. I have called them this week to ask when will everyone know whether they are accepted/rejected and the female on the phone said, up till the end of the month. But like I said, personally for me, if I haven't heard back from them STILL, it is def a rejection. Focusing on my plan B now.

i haven't heard back from York either. As this point, I consider it a rejection. If York wanted me, they would have accepted me long ago rather than drag the process. I have called them this week to ask when will everyone know whether they are accepted/rejected and the female on the phone said, up till the end of the month. But like I said, personally for me, if I haven't heard back from them STILL, it is def a rejection. Focusing on my plan B now.

I also still have not heard from York....

Hey! 

For all of you waitlisted at U of T (2Y MSW), do you know when they usually send out the first round of admissions off the waitlist? I emailed Angela earlier in the week but never heard back. 

Thanks!

Dont take it as a rejection until your myfile or the department has notified you. Like you(but advanced standing) I had totally given up on York until I heard back about 3 weeks after acceptance/waitlist were all notified. Not only that but I actually found out I got an additional 6000 scholarship! Point is, dont cross it out until you have officially been informed. 

Good luck to both of you

I also still have not heard from York....Dont take it as a rejection until your myfile or the department has notified you. Like you(but advanced standing) I had totally given up on York until I heard back about 3 weeks after acceptance/waitlist were all notified. Not only that but I actually found out I got an additional 6000 scholarship! Point is, dont cross it out until you have officially been informed. 

Dont take it as a rejection until your myfile or the department has notified you. Like you(but advanced standing) I had totally given up on York until I heard back about 3 weeks after acceptance/waitlist were all notified. Not only that but I actually found out I got an additional 6000 scholarship! Point is, dont cross it out until you have officially been informed. 

Good luck to both of you

Edited by Prairiegirl2015

Hey! 

For all of you waitlisted at U of T (2Y MSW), do you know when they usually send out the first round of admissions off the waitlist? I emailed Angela earlier in the week but never heard back. 

Thanks!

I think End of May/ Beginning of June if I remember correctly from previous posts

Have any of the 2-year applicants to Windsor received updates on their files? 

The wait is killing me!!! 

I e-mailed them and this was their response:

"The first round of offers for admission have been completed. As we have received a few declines additional offers of admission have been sent out. Anytime a new offer 

is processed applicants are given two weeks to respond. We will continue to send out additional offers as space permits in the program. The overall number of positions 

is 30 students. This process can be a bit timely and take us until May or June to complete.  On the other end of things applicants who did not rank very high have already 

been notified that the program is full. 

The best thing you can do is continue to track your status online through SIS. All applicants will receive a notice of decision before this process is complete. "

Anyone who is in the UofT Advanced Standing for 2016, come and join our facebook group! It is the existing group for the 2016 two year cohort.  When you request to join jsut say that you are in the program, and what your specialization is :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1409622202637326/

Edited by LetsPlayHungryHungryHippos

Hey! Does anyone who applied to the Qualifying Year at McGill hear back yet? I know on the website they said decisions will be finalized by the end of march, but my account still says "In Review" and not "Decision Made" 

Hey! I have not heard a response either. I tried emailing about a week ago and still have not gotten a reply. The wait is killing me!

I requested to join but it didn't give me an option to leave a message.  Hopefully the moderator will just ask me if I am in the program or something.

"The first round of offers for admission have been completed. As we have received a few declines additional offers of admission have been sent out. Anytime a new offer 

is processed applicants are given two weeks to respond. We will continue to send out additional offers as space permits in the program. The overall number of positions 

is 30 students. This process can be a bit timely and take us until May or June to complete.  On the other end of things applicants who did not rank very high have already 

The best thing you can do is continue to track your status online through SIS. All applicants will receive a notice of decision before this process is complete. "

Thank you for this information. So basically, it sounds like we are waitlisted at this point. 

Thank you for sharing their response! It's frustrating to think that we still have a few months of waiting ahead of us 

Has anyone accepted into the U of T 2 year program started looking for housing yet? I'm tempted to apply for residence... but I would like to stay in TO over the summers and work (hopefully). Also was thinking, it would be cheaper to live in a house with several folks.   :)  Anyone have any advice on looking around? I'll admit I haven't explored some of the websites yet for student housing, but it's a little overwhelming :P

Has anyone accepted into the U of T 2 year program started looking for housing yet? I'm tempted to apply for residence... but I would like to stay in TO over the summers and work (hopefully). Also was thinking, it would be cheaper to live in a house with several folks.   :)  Anyone have any advice on looking around? I'll admit I haven't explored some of the websites yet for student housing, but it's a little overwhelming :P

Try posting in the MSW facebook group, some people have already found fellow U of T MSW'ers to live with!

Has anyone accepted into the U of T 2 year program started looking for housing yet? I'm tempted to apply for residence... but I would like to stay in TO over the summers and work (hopefully). Also was thinking, it would be cheaper to live in a house with several folks. :) Anyone have any advice on looking around? I'll admit I haven't explored some of the websites yet for student housing, but it's a little overwhelming :P

Yeah, definitely start now. The vacancy rate in toronto is super low so it's really hard to find a place. I am looking right now and having a hard time. A big tip- check the bed bug registry before calling a place.

Edited by lightning1129

There are thousands of apartments listed on Kijiji in Toronto (~10,000) and quite a lot more on viewit.ca as well
I've kept my eye on both sites for several months and those numbers have stayed steady throughout

The bed bug check is a good idea - you can Google it and a site like this (http://www.bedbugregistry.com/metro/toronto/) will come up

There are thousands of apartments listed on Kijiji in Toronto (~10,000) and quite a lot more on viewit.ca as well

I've kept my eye on both sites for several months and those numbers have stayed steady throughout

The bed bug check is a good idea - you can Google it and a site like this (http://www.bedbugregistry.com/metro/toronto/) will come up

Keep an eye on the listings on Kijiji and  get to know what the going rates are in a given area - there are lots of scams on Kijiji and if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.  If you're not used to Toronto rent, you may have to compromise on something, so decide what it will be for you: distance from school, physical space, sharing a room, price, etc. Make sure you or someone you know can GO INSIDE the apartment before you agree to rent it.  That is the number 1 way to avoid a scam.  If you're renting from a large company, do a quick scan of the internet to see if they're on any landlord tenant board cases.  

These are my tips as a long-time toronto renter.

ETA: I prefer viewit for trustworthiness, but if you're looking to get in with existing roommates, Kijiji can be better.

Edited by wxyyyz

Is anyone who was accepted to UofT's 2 year program attending that online chat today? The two dates don't coincide well with my work schedule so i won't be able to attend either :(

Anyone have experience with these and know if ill be able to read it all back afterwards?