Fall 2015 Applicants!

After three long years of applying I was finally accepted to the University of New Mexico! Don't give up, I didn't and look where I am now and it feels beyond amazing knowing how hard I had to fight for this dream of becoming an SLP!! Yay!! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear! Xo love my grad cafe slpeeps!

CONGRATS! :-) I'm a second year applicant and recently got my first acceptance as well, so I know exactly how you feel. You deserve to celebrate!

After three long years of applying I was finally accepted to the University of New Mexico! Don't give up, I didn't and look where I am now and it feels beyond amazing knowing how hard I had to fight for this dream of becoming an SLP!! Yay!! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear! Xo love my grad cafe slpeeps!

Yay!!! Congrats jenbugg86! Such good news! And very inspiring, thank you, I'll keep my chin up and try again if I don't get in anywhere this year. I wish you much success in your career as an SLP!!!

Got my second wait list from University of South Dakota.  I was put on the "alternate wait list", no idea what that means.  It looks as if they are another school that doesn't reject anyone and just wait lists all of the people not accepted, so that's disappointing (I could be wrong but from previous years I didn't see many rejections).

Anyone else see that JMU's My Madison portal is down? I checked the results page from last year and looks like this is around when they put decisions up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! (well, it could be...but I can't pass up a movie reference)

Anyone else see that JMU's My Madison portal is down? I checked the results page from last year and looks like this is around when they put decisions up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! (well, it could be...but I can't pass up a movie reference)

I can't log in! I enter my ID, then password, then it asks me a security question and it gives me an error message each time.

Mine also gives me an error page, but you just hit that login in screen anyway and it lets you in. I just got into my portal, it still only says complete :(

Ah, you're right. It also says: "MyMadison will be unavailable during periods of time between March 9th, 5pm and March 10th, 12:30am".

Hi guys! Has anyone not heard from any schools yet?

I've applied to six schools - Emerson, Monmouth, Loyola, Towson, University of Virginia, and Old Dominion, and haven't heard from a single school yet! It's driving me up the wallllllllll. Is anyone in the same boat?

I heard back from Old Dominion on March 6th with a request for interviews during March 19-21, so maybe give them a call to find out!

Hi guys! Has anyone not heard from any schools yet?

I've applied to six schools - Emerson, Monmouth, Loyola, Towson, University of Virginia, and Old Dominion, and haven't heard from a single school yet! It's driving me up the wallllllllll. Is anyone in the same boat?

Check your Emerson portal; I saw that quite a bit of people got responses today.

I got my first rejection from CSULA, but not at all surprised :( Still haven't heard a thing from CSUN. Has anyone heard anything from CSUN?

Monmouth is on of my top choices and I haven't heard from them yet! It's making me nervous.

I actually called them today, and she said they're looking over applications now, but decisions should be out like end of march-early april  :wacko:

I heard back from Old Dominion on March 6th with a request for interviews during March 19-21, so maybe give them a call to find out!

If I don't hear back tomorrow I will definitely call them. Thanks for the tip! Did you hear from them via e-mail or through the mail? 

Check your Emerson portal; I saw that quite a bit of people got responses today.

Just checked, still nothing :/

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from University of South Dakota yet? I got a waitlist notification today. I noticed that the only correspondences posted in the results section were waitlists...No acceptances or rejections. I accepted my position on the waitlist although I am leaning toward attending somewhere else...

^Literally seconds after posting I see an acceptance was added....

Anyone else waiting to hear back from Minnesota State University-Moorhead? I interviewed there a few weeks ago and haven't heard a thing since then! I really liked the program and would love to know what is going on...

Edited by neuronparty

I got my first rejection from CSULA, but not at all surprised :( Still haven't heard a thing from CSUN. Has anyone heard anything from CSUN?

I applied to both CSULA and CSUN and haven't heard from either school. DId CSULA email you? I didn't receive an interview so my guess is that I have been rejected as well.

I am getting so nervous with each passing day.

I applied to both CSULA and CSUN and haven't heard from either school. DId CSULA email you? I didn't receive an interview so my guess is that I have been rejected as well.

I'm in the same boat!  I actually emailed CSUN's dept and they said notices are usually received in the first or second week of April, so there's still hope.

Same question as mic1011, mo~ how did you receive notice?

I'm in the same boat!  I actually emailed CSUN's dept and they said notices are usually received in the first or second week of April, so there's still hope.

Same question as mic1011, mo~ how did you receive notice?

I received the notice via a letter in the mail today. Good luck to you both! Do you guys know if CSUN holds interviews?

I received the notice via a letter in the mail today. Good luck to you both! Do you guys know if CSUN holds interviews?

Thank you! I don't know for sure but I'm under the impression that they reserve that right if they are on the fence about an applicant. 

Has anyone heard anything about the St. John's program?  I was recently accepted but I cant find much info on it other than the schools webiste.  It is 48 credits so I was wondering if the program is typically finished in 3 semesters?  Let me know if anyone knows any info! :)

When I called CSUN they said they were not going to have interviews. I can't believe we have to wait another month for a response!

Me too! this week is going to kill me! Every time I get an email I get nervous. How did you feel about your interview? I had no idea what to make of it since there weren't really any personal questions.

Same here! I don't feel too confident to be honest. I could've done better for the individual interview, and I feel like there were a lot of candidates which lessens my chances even more. I guess we will find out by the end of this week! 

Also, I received my first rejection from CSULA today as well. Via mail. It stung a bit, but it was expected. 

Edited by anxiousnworryin

Hi Guys!

I applied to both Kent State and University of Virginia. I've seen on gradcafe that other people are being accepted but I haven't  received an email of ANY kind,no rejection, no acceptance. Just nothing! I emailed both schools to ask about this and they both said "we have not sent our admission decisions to all of our applicants yet." Does anyone know what not hearing back means? Am I most likely rejected from these schools?

Hey! I wouldn't give up hope yet. A lot of schools send out a wave of acceptances and wait to see who accepts the offer. Then from that number they know how many more they can offer. I assume once they fill up their offers they will then inform people of rejections. I think they do it instead of a waitlist but I don't really know for sure. But it's not uncommon to send out a few offers first. Good luck!! I've gotten an offer from UVA but I haven't decided anything yet since I have a couple more schools to hear from. But if I decline I hope that helps you!