Fall 2015 Applicants!

How did you hear from St. John's? I also applied there but haven't heard anything yet. I am on the west coast, however....

They sent me an email a few weeks ago and then also followed up with a packet in the mail aout a week later.  I wouldn't worry though I've only seen a few acceptances so far and know a lot of people are still waiting on them! do you know anything about the program?

5 - rejections, 3 - interviews (have yet to hear back from any of them), 1 - wait-list

I applied to 28 schools, and I am starting to feel like its just not going to happen. :(

I applied to 25!! So far:

4- rejections, 1- interview, and 1- wait list

Just trying to stay positive as well! It's a long tough road this application process, I think it builds character just going through it!!!

Your stats are awesome. I can't believe you've been rejected by some of those schools.

Haha, just goes to show that the GRE isn't everything I guess! To be honest I think that my SOP and letters of rec are probably weak points in my application; I definitely could have spent more time personalizing essays for each program, and all 3 of my letters came from online professors so they probably weren't as strong as other applicants' letters.

everyone posting about Montevallo, is it the one located in Alabama...or is there another one? just curious. 

The one I applied to was in Alabama.... or at least I hope I applied to the right one LOL 

Yes, that is true! I have been thinking about that too. I am waiting a little longer before I cross that bridge. I have more programs to hear from before I make any official decisions (I only have definitive answers from two so far). I may take that route and try to boost my resume more in the next year if I don't get in to my other programs. Otherwise, I will carefully consider UND a little more. So far I'm not too crazy about it due to the 5 courses. We will see though!

Yea, that's so unfortunate, because I was so thrilled to receive the acceptance. 'Til I actually read the letter! Sounds like it was much the same for you. 

Does anyone know which schools still currently have Spring admissions? I've only found a few outdated lists online and can't remember if I ever came across this info in any of the forums. (My mind has starting playing the "what if..." game and I would feel better if I knew I had a viable backup plan.  B) )

I applied to 25!! So far:

4- rejections, 1- interview, and 1- wait list

Just trying to stay positive as well! It's a long tough road this application process, I think it builds character just going through it!!!

I agree, it's just such an anxious time!

I see you're from NY also, what schools in the area did you apply to?

Edited by Linda_P

Has anyone heard from Northern Arizona? Saw that someone received a phone call on the results page??

I emailed them because my number has changed since the application and they said we would be notified by email by March 31. So I'm not sure what that poster was talking about... I haven't seen any other acceptances/rejections for NAU.

I kinda hope that 2 was a typo and you will get into one of those 4 schools. Out of 28 certainly there must be a place for you!

Haha, sadly the 2 is not a typo! ;-/

I agree, it's just such an anxious time!

I see you're from NY also, what schools in the area did you apply to?

I applied to schools all over! But around downstate NY I applied to Mercy College, LIU-post, Adelphi, and William Patterson. I was already denied from Adelphi though :( .

What schools did you apply too?

I just want to hear from everyone already!!

Has anyone who applied to USU/got an interview NOT heard something back yet? The longer I wait, the more discouraged I become. :( I wish schools would just send out all their notifications at once!!! It would make this process so much easier. 

I applied to schools all over! But around downstate NY I applied to Mercy College, LIU-post, Adelphi, and William Patterson. I was already denied from Adelphi though :( .

What schools did you apply too?

I just want to hear from everyone already!!

I applied all over also. 

I got rejected from NYU, didnt get called for an interview at NYMC or Molloy so I am assuming those are automatic rejections. 

I interviewed at LIU  Post last week and I saw that someone got accepted today on the results page. Have you heard back from them?

Besides those schools, I applied to Adelphi also and have not heard back, Columbia, Hofstra, Touro, IONA (interview next week), Fredonia (SUNY) and most of my other schools are out of state, e.g. Loyola, Emerson, Longwood, Marshall (wait-listed), Northwestern and a few others.  I sort of applied based on how many apply to each school and how many offers they make. Starting to feel that was probably not a good route to go about it.

Is it rude or would you look bad if your were to email a school asking when you will hear back if you've seen other people posting acceptances? I have one school that's really my top choice and someone got accepted yesterday, but only one person. I am getting so anxious!

Is it rude or would you look bad if your were to email a school asking when you will hear back if you've seen other people posting acceptances? I have one school that's really my top choice and someone got accepted yesterday, but only one person. I am getting so anxious!

I highly doubt it would change the status of your application if you emailed them haha but I would try and hold off for a couple days before asking the department since only one person posted an acceptance. Sometimes it takes a couple hours/days for all acceptances to go out. I totally understand the anxiety though, waiting is the worst!!  <_<

Finally got a rejection from emerson. Good to have closure!

Oh my goodness I want to hear from them so badly! I've been on pins and needles ever since my interview

So I know that there's been a first wave of Emerson acceptances already but I haven't heard anything (and I interviewed back in February). Does anyone know whether this is a good or bad sign?

So I know that there's been a first wave of Emerson acceptances already but I haven't heard anything (and I interviewed back in February). Does anyone know whether this is a good or bad sign?

Someone on the results page said they called Emerson and they said all the acceptances have been handed out, and now they are deciding who is on the waitlist and who is rejected. So we take that to be true, then we're out of luck. But some rejections have gone out already, and no waitlists have shown up on the results - so we may be getting waitlisted.

Someone on the results page said they called Emerson and they said all the acceptances have been handed out, and now they are deciding who is on the waitlist and who is rejected. So we take that to be true, then we're out of luck. But some rejections have gone out already, and no waitlists have shown up on the results - so we may be getting waitlisted.

Oh goodness I hope so. I would happily take waitlisted over rejected.

I applied all over also.

I got rejected from NYU, didnt get called for an interview at NYMC or Molloy so I am assuming those are automatic rejections.

I interviewed at LIU Post last week and I saw that someone got accepted today on the results page. Have you heard back from them?

Besides those schools, I applied to Adelphi also and have not heard back, Columbia, Hofstra, Touro, IONA (interview next week), Fredonia (SUNY) and most of my other schools are out of state, e.g. Loyola, Emerson, Longwood, Marshall (wait-listed), Northwestern and a few others. I sort of applied based on how many apply to each school and how many offers they make. Starting to feel that was probably not a good route to go about it.

Oh man, yeah the wait is killing me because I keep thinking about stuff I should have put in my application, were my essays good enough, did I pick the right schools to apply too?

I feel insane!! Haha

I never had an interview at liu-post so I'm assuming that is a rejection! I applied to northwestern as well! I picked schools I thought were easier to get into and ones that didn't have crazy intensive application processes and then ones in areas I thought I wouldn't mind moving too! This is my second year applying so after last year I set a wide net out!

I just keep telling myself, you only need 1!!!

Edited by abSLP22

Still waiting to hear back from 5 schools and it is KILLING ME. Is anyone else refreshing their email every 15 seconds?

YES. I've only heard from one school out of six (rejection, but expected), and I finished my applications in early December! I've been checking my e-mail literally every chance I get... especially since people are hearing from the majority of my schools already.

Has anyone who applied to USU/got an interview NOT heard something back yet? The longer I wait, the more discouraged I become. :( I wish schools would just send out all their notifications at once!!! It would make this process so much easier. 

I would email the graduate advisor if you still haven't heard anything in the next day or two.