Fall 2015 Applicants!

Why are the west coast schools taking so long? The waiting was difficult before but now that I see so many other people finding out the waiting is even harder. Have you heard anything about WW, PSU, or U of O? I checked last year and PSU and U of O send out acceptances on the 6th and 7th of March, but I guess they are pushing it back a little this year. Sigh.

In their defense, the east coast schools had much earlier admission deadlines than west. At least for me, all of my Boston and NY schools were due by 1/5, while the California schools were due in mid January and February.

Why are the west coast schools taking so long? The waiting was difficult before but now that I see so many other people finding out the waiting is even harder. Have you heard anything about WW, PSU, or U of O? I checked last year and PSU and U of O send out acceptances on the 6th and 7th of March, but I guess they are pushing it back a little this year. Sigh. 

I was told at the end of February that PSU was waiting for CSDCAS to verify some people's academic updates and that they were hoping to send out notifications right around spring break (which for them is around the third week to fourth week of march) such a bummer as they are one of my top choices. Hoping things turn out a little sooner than that but who knows since they also reportedly got over 600 applications. :'(  Any Portland Staters receive and insider info on how the process is coming along?

On 3/7/2015 at 11:42 AM, Mia6714 said:

I went to WW for my undergrad and I applied to the grad program there last year. I think I heard back (via letter) on the last week of mMrch. I came back from spring break at the beginning of April and had my rejection letter sitting in the mail box. I hope you have better luck! 

No idea, but I'm going crazy over here! I haven't heard anything from them other than the email about my application being submitted. Have you even heard if your application is under review at one of those three? 

I didn't. :/ The interviews are taking place next week and the week after... It doesn't seem like they'd send out more invites with such a short notice. I really thought I had a chance for an interview here, so I'm kind of disappointed.

I was hoping I had a chance as well.  Yeah, I feel like if we haven't heard about an interview yet then I'm not sure we will receive an invitation.  I didn't know there were two interview dates either.

I can't say with any certainty, but it may not mean a rejection. The interview e-mail said to let them know if we are declining the interview so that our interview spot can be given to a waiting applicant. I know I won't be able to travel to Michigan on the interview date, so there is a chance that once people decline the interview they will send out more invitations. 

Fingers crossed it's not!  Thanks for the info!

Just as a heads up - I got an interview with GVSU but unfortunately won't be able to travel to Michigan on the 14th, so this will definitely open up my spot for someone else as well! 

I am so frustrated with not yet hearing ANYTHING as far as acceptances/rejections/wait lists go... this is really such a wearing process. I'm picking up extra hours at work this week just so I can get away from my obsessive email/mail/grad cafe checking. Oy....

The only good thing about losing an hour today because of Daylight Savings is that we are one hour closer to Monday and possible acceptances.  B)  :D

Ugh seriously. I'm expecting to hear from two more schools this coming weekend...March is proving to be torturous. 

I had an interview with Pacific University on 2/21 and I still haven't heard anything.  I've seen on the admissions results page that people have been getting calls back.  I'm starting to lose hope :(  Hopefully I'm on the waiting list and didn't completely blow my interview. 

Hi guys! Has anyone not heard from any schools yet?

I've applied to six schools - Emerson, Monmouth, Loyola, Towson, University of Virginia, and Old Dominion, and haven't heard from a single school yet! It's driving me up the wallllllllll. Is anyone in the same boat?

I've applied to six schools - Emerson, Monmouth, Loyola, Towson, University of Virginia, and Old Dominion, and haven't heard from a single school yet! It's driving me up the wallllllllll. Is anyone in the same boat?

I've been told that Towson should be sending out decisions this week, not sure if its by e-mail or postal. Ms. Aguilar at Loyola also said decisions would be sent by postal by the end of the month, and that we'd receive and e-mail notifying us when they were mailed so that we can let the school know if the delivery was untimely. 

Hi Guys!

I applied to both Kent State and University of Virginia. I've seen on gradcafe that other people are being accepted but I haven't  received an email of ANY kind,no rejection, no acceptance. Just nothing! I emailed both schools to ask about this and they both said "we have not sent our admission decisions to all of our applicants yet." Does anyone know what not hearing back means? Am I most likely rejected from these schools?

Definitely call emerson. Even if you applied one minute before the deadline, it has been a week since they promised to send out all decisions.

Hi Guys!

I applied to both Kent State and University of Virginia. I've seen on gradcafe that other people are being accepted but I haven't  received an email of ANY kind,no rejection, no acceptance. Just nothing! I emailed both schools to ask about this and they both said "we have not sent our admission decisions to all of our applicants yet." Does anyone know what not hearing back means? Am I most likely rejected from these schools?

no news is good news. relax ;)

Got waitlisted at UConn today which I suppose is better than a straight out rejection. Still haven't heard from any of the West Coast schools...

Impatiently waiting to hear back from CSU San Marcos... I know they are sending out notifications this week! Eek!

Me too! this week is going to kill me! Every time I get an email I get nervous. How did you feel about your interview? I had no idea what to make of it since there weren't really any personal questions.

After three long years of applying I was finally accepted to the University of New Mexico! Don't give up, I didn't and look where I am now and it feels beyond amazing knowing how hard I had to fight for this dream of becoming an SLP!! Yay!! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear! Xo love my grad cafe slpeeps!