Fall 2015 UT Dallas Applicants?

I haven't gotten an official rejection by email or mail but my portal updated to denied. So if you're still waiting I would go double check your portal on UTD Galaxy.

I haven't gotten an official rejection by email or mail but my portal updated to denied. So if you're still waiting I would go double check your portal on UTD Galaxy.

When did you receive notification that you were denied? My portal stays they're still reviewing my application. :-/

Has Anyone spoken to Dr Stillman recently ?

I'm afraid the later it gets the more it is towards a reject

My galaxy portal updated to denied over a week ago and I got a letter in the mail on Friday. I live really close to the campus so it probably got to me pretty quickly after they mailed it. 

My galaxy portal updated to denied over a week ago and I got a letter in the mail on Friday. I live really close to the campus so it probably got to me pretty quickly after they mailed it.

I'm sorry to hear that !

I've been checking mine daily .. It still says they're reviewing it ..

So i sent in an email to Dr. Stillman yesterday asking when we'd get to know and I received an automated reply saying he would be unavailable till the 8th of April. It's the 8th so just waiting for a reply from him soon! 

So i sent in an email to Dr. Stillman yesterday asking when we'd get to know and I received an automated reply saying he would be unavailable till the 8th of April. It's the 8th so just waiting for a reply from him soon!

Oh which means nothing till 8th .. But it's pretty soon though..

Please tell us what he says

Do you think the "still in review" notice is a good sign or just means they haven't gotten around to officially denying yet? I'm supposed to make a commitment to a school I'd be happy to go to by April 15 but UTD would be a game changer for me. It's such a great program and in Dallas where I'd love to be.

Do you think the "still in review" notice is a good sign or just means they haven't gotten around to officially denying yet? I'm supposed to make a commitment to a school I'd be happy to go to by April 15 but UTD would be a game changer for me. It's such a great program and in Dallas where I'd love to be.

I guess it could mean either way .. But it's a risk that you need to think and decide what to do ..

Why don't you call them on 8th and ask them what is expected before you decline your offer to the other school ?

I'm in the same boat as you! Exactly why I sent him a mail. If you do call them, let us know what they say please!

Mine is still under review as well so I emailed Dr. Stillman last week to ask about when we would hear back and he said definitely in the next two weeks. He said there were about 700 applicants and only so many spots available, so they're waiting to hear back from those already offered admission. I took that as all (or most) spots have been given but haven't all been officially accepted :(  Hopefully there's a lot of people who are planning to accept elsewhere and just haven't told UT Dallas yet! I know people who have been rejected recently so I have hope that for those of us who are still "under review" there is a chance we are being waitlisted! 

I definitely wouldn't decline my current offer. I was hesitant enough to decline the other two offers I got after working this hard to get them! Haha so I may call just to get an idea of how set in stone their class is so far. What happens if I accept my current offer and then UTD extends admission and I decide to take that instead? I'm sure it's frowned upon but in the end, I would want to do what's in my best interest.

I definitely wouldn't decline my current offer. I was hesitant enough to decline the other two offers I got after working this hard to get them! Haha so I may call just to get an idea of how set in stone their class is so far. What happens if I accept my current offer and then UTD extends admission and I decide to take that instead? I'm sure it's frowned upon but in the end, I would want to do what's in my best interest.

I'm in the same boat. I already accepted my admission somewhere else, but if I end up getting into UTD then I'm just going to email the school I already accepted at and tell them I'm going somewhere else. I wouldn't have already accepted somewhere else, but I had to accept by a deadline in order to keep my offer of admission. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people wind up in the same position with all these schools sending out late admission offers.

I'm in the same boat. I already accepted my admission somewhere else, but if I end up getting into UTD then I'm just going to email the school I already accepted at and tell them I'm going somewhere else. I wouldn't have already accepted somewhere else, but I had to accept by a deadline in order to keep my offer of admission. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people wind up in the same position with all these schools sending out late admission offers.

Yea I plan on accepting my admission elsewhere by the end of this week if i don't hear back from UTD. Doesn't make sense to lose out on something else we worked hard to get too. And IF (hopefully) UTD does accept later, then I will be doing what you said, too.

Hi , did he reply yet ?

Hi , did he reply yet ?

Yes, he did. He said they're still waiting to hear from a number of undecided applicants before they admit more students and that it does help to know that we're still interested because if places become available, they will likely reach out only to those students they expect will accept.  But they do not want anyone to decline good offers while waiting to hear from them.

I applied for Summer 2015 admission and I STILL haven't heard anything from UT Dallas. Anyone else think this is a little unprofessional and ridiculous? 

I haven't heard back from UT Dallas yet either, and my application has been complete since weeks before the deadline.  I called and they said they are still reviewing them.  What a waste of money! 

I also have not heard from UTD yet. Applicant center still says "under review." 

I e-mailed them yesterday asking, and they responded:

The admissions committee is still making final decisions on applications but you should be notified on your galaxy account any day [emphasis added]. We do not have a deadline for responding to admission. 

However, I got a call from Baylor this morning offering me admission off the wait list (I'd only applied to those two programs!), but they needed a response by this afternoon, so I could not wait for UTD's response. Like previous posters, I'd rather attend UTD if possible. 

For those who are accepted, do they notify you of funding at the same time as acceptance?

(Also, if you're curious, because I just made an account and didn't make a signature yet: Undergrad GPA (Linguistics): 3.43| GRE V/Q: 168/161)

I also have not heard from UTD yet. Applicant center still says "under review."

I e-mailed them yesterday asking, and they responded:

The admissions committee is still making final decisions on applications but you should be notified on your galaxy account any day [emphasis added]. We do not have a deadline for responding to admission.

However, I got a call from Baylor this morning offering me admission off the wait list (I'd only applied to those two programs!), but they needed a response by this afternoon, so I could not wait for UTD's response. Like previous posters, I'd rather attend UTD if possible.

For those who are accepted, do they notify you of funding at the same time as acceptance?

(Also, if you're curious, because I just made an account and didn't make a signature yet: Undergrad GPA (Linguistics): 3.43| GRE V/Q: 168/161)

Who did you email from the admissions committee? I've been checking my portal like a mad person .. I so wish they had a deadline !

I recommend to all of you who haven't heard anything - check your portal. I just checked mine and found out I was denied. Honestly, I think its absolutely ridiculous that they took THAT long just to send out rejections. I'm totally fine with it, I already got in somewhere else. It's just annoying that I've been putting all my plans on hold waiting for this school, just to be denied.

I was just accepted to UTD's program today and I am very interested! Do the people who have already accepted admission have any details on the start date/orientation. Or really just any extra info that isn't on the website! Thanks!! Feel free to privately message me or add me on Facebook as well!