Any Columbia MSW hopefuls?

socialworkette

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received my admissions letter as well (yay!) Is anyone else trying to decide between U Michigan and Columbia? I haven't been able to visit either school.

Hello! I got into U of M as well. While I have not attended the school, I am from Detroit so if you have some questions maybe I could answer. Feel free to inbox me.

Accepted students... Congrats! Can you post your stats? Like gpa, GrE score, experience?

Hi! Thank you - I heard back via email yesterday :-) 

I'm in the midst of completing my BA in Psychology at NYU. GPA is 3.8 and I've done nearly 200 hours of volunteer work at Mount Sinai's Children's Hospital. I also did some work for America Reads.

I'm thrilled to be accepted!! But I'm waiting to hear back about financial aid before I get my hopes up, haha.

I emailed them about when we would hear back and this is what I got: 

"Fall decisions are usually sent out around March 1st. We started sending out some decisions this week but you should receive a decision from us next week."

I'm not sure it has something to do with the alphabet, because my last name starts with a "D," and someone here got their letter already and I did not. Maybe it has to with when you submitted your app. I submitted mine on Dec 1, the deadline date.

Accepted students... Congrats! Can you post your stats? Like gpa, GrE score, experience?

Thanks emmypie!

BA 2009 in International Relations, GPA 3.3

No GRE

Experience: Peace Corps Honduras, Pan American Health Organization (Admin Asst), USAID in Honduras (Project Mgmt Asst)

if we don't get an answer by march 1? or by the end of the first week of march? 

From my experience, if your results doesn't come out by 1week of march you more likely to get a rejection letter. Columbia sends out rejection letter at the end.