Masters Application Discussion - the latest and greatest.

chodson

Congratulations! Did you contact your POI or the graduate admissions folks? I'll probably send an email tonight. 

Just to say, in England it's public holiday from Friday-Monday, so very small chance you'll get a reply before Tuesday at the earliest.

Was informed of my rejection from Oxford today. Not too worried, it wasn't a great fit any way and I have another offer I'll be accepting. You win some, you lose some. Congrats to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

(I do this every year)

I haven't read through this, but for those who will be attending HDS this fall and are feeling lost, confused, like hell, etc. - and want to just talk or ask questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not particularly good about signing in more than once every couple of weeks, but I can try and help as much as I can.

I only do this, because I made a lot of decisions that I don't regret, but wish I had made slightly differently... all because I didn't know any better and was confused. Don't be like me! ASK AWAY!

Did anyone else get a notification of scholarship increase today from Duke Divinity?  Very odd timing as I have committed elsewhere and most school's deadlines were April 15th.   Would have been more enticing 2 weeks ago.  Just curious.......

Edited by Panera

Did anyone else get a notification of scholarship increase today from Duke Divinity?  Very odd timing as I have committed elsewhere and most school's deadlines were April 15th.   Would have been more enticing 2 weeks ago.  Just curious.......

I didn't hear anything, possibly because I rejected their offer the next day. Was it a substantial increase?

Was informed of my rejection from Oxford today. Not too worried, it wasn't a great fit any way and I have another offer I'll be accepting. You win some, you lose some. Congrats to everyone!

After looking back at my application, I realized I uploaded the rough drafts of my writing samples rather than the nice edited version. It was amateur hour during my application submission, apparently. 

Anyone else going to Notre Dame for the MTS this Fall? 

Notre Dame was my top choice, and they were the only Master's theology program that didn't accept me. Hopefully I can make myself more appealing in two years when I send them a PhD app :)

Notre Dame was my top choice, and they were the only Master's theology program that didn't accept me. Hopefully I can make myself more appealing in two years when I send them a PhD app :)

I'm sorry to hear that – they were my top choice too, because of the professors' research interests and the reputation of the program. I got accepted to BC first, but living in Boston is ridiculously expensive, especially when you have a baby coming and need a bigger place to live in, so I'm extremely grateful that ND accepted me. I'll probably apply for a phD back home in Scandinavia by then, but maybe our paths will cross some day. Best of luck.