Masters Application Discussion - the latest and greatest.

chodson

I was wondering, has anyone waiting for Harvard Divinity asked admissions about whether they have a specific date and time they'll be releasing admissions decisions?

No, I haven't heard anything from them. I bet we'll hear either this week or early next.

I received the same email.  Does anyone know how Yale handles funding announcements?  Will we find out that day or later?

I believe it is all in the same announcement. 

90% tuition scholarship at PTS and opportunity for work study. Makes accepting their offer all the more tempting. Still need to hear back from Notre Dame and Duke, though.

90% tuition scholarship at PTS and opportunity for work study. Makes accepting their offer all the more tempting. Still need to hear back from Notre Dame and Duke, though.

Well done!

Congrats! 

Congrats, what timeframe did they give you till to accept?  Just FYI PTS has the 6th largest endowment per student in the country just behind Harvard so they can afford that generous scholarship.  Congrats again!

Congrats, what timeframe did they give you till to accept?  Just FYI PTS has the 6th largest endowment per student in the country just behind Harvard so they can afford that generous scholarship.  Congrats again!

I have until April 3. 6th largest behind Harvard? Who are 1 thru 4?

I have until April 3. 6th largest behind Harvard? Who are 1 thru 4?

I have until the end of March and had to request an extension to get that.  I wish they would give us until April 15 like other schools do.  Probably a recruiting strategy thing!!!

The private schools with largest endowments per student per the Chronicle of Higher Education:

school, total endowment, number of students, endowment per student

Rockefeller University $1,771,954,000 200 $8,859,770 

Princeton University $13,044,900,000 6,828 $1,910,501 

Yale University $18,030,600,000 11,346 $1,589,159 

Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering $432,117,000 286 $1,510,899 

Harvard University $28,915,706,000 19,218 $1,504,616 

Princeton Theological Seminary $945,355,000 652 $1,449,931 

Stanford University $14,084,676,000 13,155 $1,070,671 

Edited by Panera

Hmm, I'm hoping Harvard releases tomorrow. It seems like it's been at the end of of the second week in March. Plus, I think their Spring Break starts next week (though that may not be relevant to admissions staff).

Hmm, I'm hoping Harvard releases tomorrow. It seems like it's been at the end of of the second week in March. Plus, I think their Spring Break starts next week (though that may not be relevant to admissions staff).

I hope it's tomorrow! I don't know if my heart can handle waiting til next week...

I'm pretty sure HDS released decisions around like 130pm last year on March 13th--if you go back to the MA/MDiv discussion from last year's round, I think that is when people started posting.

Edit: I have no idea if their spring break schedule is the same this year as last year-that could change things.

Edited by W.Churchill

I've noticed that for Harvard in general, if you don't get an email from your POI, they seem to notify first through the website (a link will appear on your application page saying "Decision Status: Available beginning 3/xx/15") and then through an official letter in the mail. I'm not sure if this is how HDS does things, but it seems to be true for GSAS. So you could try checking the website from time to time if you haven't been already.