Masters Application Discussion - the latest and greatest.

chodson

Chicago just accepted me with 50% funding as well. 

Maybe I should make a separate thread about this, but what is the opinion on doing an MA with only partial funding? Is that wise or not? I have been accepted into another program in my state in which I will probably get full funding, but it's much less prestigious than a place like Chicago (and not in religious studies but in English). 

On the subject of partial funding, I think it really depends what your previous situation was going into graduate school, what sort of career you are looking at, and how you plan on paying it back. My wife is urging me to choose the debt-free option, not matter what the school is. That does concern me a little, for example, if Harvard lets me in with 50% but KU offers me a full ride... that is a tough trade off. However, I would ask all those sorts of common sense questions.

I might add that I have been accepted for some time to Colorado Boulder, with no funding, along with Western Michigan, where I'm not sure on the funding yet. I've also been accepted into an English program in my home state, which is my fall back. 

I might add that I have been accepted for some time to Colorado Boulder, with no funding, along with Western Michigan, where I'm not sure on the funding yet. I've also been accepted into an English program in my home state, which is my fall back. 

Also waiting on W. Michigan for funding info- any idea what the "typical" package is like? 

Called Claremont School of Theology. They will be releasing their results at the end of this week or towards the beginning of the next apparently.

I was accepted to Fordham's MA theology program... I think. I received a generic e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance, and instructions on how to accept my offer of admission, but my application status itself hasn't changed from "submitted". 

My POI at BU brought the option of a MTS at the School of Theology to my attention. After doing a bit more research, it looks like this is a seminary for those of the Christian faith. Although he is a professor there and my specialty (science and religion) is a specialization there, am I right in not applying since I am an agnostic/atheist (depends on the day and who's asking haha).

Thanks it is great being accepted, but it is awful now having to wait to find out the funding/scholarship offers as well! I wish they would just do it all at once.

Just got a call from Notre Dame. Accepted to the MTS program (Biblical Studies)! This is my second Masters, the only program I applied to this time around. They rejected me last time, so I'm thrilled!

Just got a call from Notre Dame. Accepted to the MTS program (Biblical Studies)! This is my second Masters, the only program I applied to this time around. They rejected me last time, so I'm thrilled!

Really? I contacted Notre Dame a few days ago and the person I sopke with said that the soonest results would be relesed to anyone would be mid March. Was your acceptance unofficial?

Really? I contacted Notre Dame a few days ago and the person I sopke with said that the soonest results would be relesed to anyone would be mid March. Was your acceptance unofficial?

No, it was official. I was called by the Assistant Chair for Graduate Studies early this morning. He told me that I have until April 15th to decide, and encouraged me to visit to meet some of the faculty in my area. Not sure why they told you differently.

Not any of the schools mentioned here, but I recently was informed of my acceptance to the MA in American Religious History at both The Florida State University and the University of Missouri.

Congrats! MU is a very good school.