Masters Application Discussion - the latest and greatest.

chodson

Issac32: I was accepted to PTS back in mid January for MA(TS).  Not sure why they got back so quickly but I think they are on a rolling basis for the MA(TS).    I am visiting next week so hope to learn more about them.  Curious if you know anything about the MA(TS).  It appears that the program is relatively new for domestic students.  In the catalog it says:

"Revised M.A. (T.S.) Effective Fall 2015 Note: A revised M.A. (T.S.) degree program open to both domestic and international students will begin in the fall of 2015"

I am trying to get a feel for the strength of the program given that it is new for domestic students.  

Edited by Panera

I am visiting next week so hope to learn more about them.  Curious if you know anything about the MA(TS).  It appears that the program is relatively new for domestic students.  In the catalog it says:

"Revised M.A. (T.S.) Effective Fall 2015 Note: A revised M.A. (T.S.) degree program open to both domestic and international students will begin in the fall of 2015"

I am trying to get a feel for the strength of the program given that it is new for domestic students.  

Let me know what you find out from your visit! Based on what my POI there has told me, and what I have heard from the admissions committee, it sounds like it is similar to MTS programs elsewhere, which is what I am looking for.

Issac32: I was accepted to PTS back in mid January for MA(TS).  Not sure why they got back so quickly but I think they are on a rolling basis for the MA(TS).    I am visiting next week so hope to learn more about them.  Curious if you know anything about the MA(TS).  It appears that the program is relatively new for domestic students.  In the catalog it says:

Let me know what you find out from your visit! Based on what my POI there has told me, and what I have heard from the admissions committee, it sounds like it is similar to MTS programs elsewhere, which is what I am looking for.

I'm a student at PTS, the MA(TS) is New-ish. In the past it was a program just for international students, but they're making it into a 2 year MTS like you'd find at any of our peer schools. Hope this helps.

Like many of you, I am anxiously awaiting news from Harvard!  From looking at the results page, it looks like Harvard sends out responses as early as March 13th, and then into the 14th and 15th.  Do you think that they will contact students over the weekend (since the 14th is a Saturday and the 15th is next Sunday)? In the past two years or so, the 13th-15th has not fallen on a weekend, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight.  Thanks!

Edited by BlueRoses7729

Like many of you, I am anxiously awaiting news from Harvard!  From looking at the results page, it looks like Harvard sends out responses as early as March 13th, and then into the 14th and 15th.  Do you think that they will contact students over the weekend (since the 14th is a Saturday and the 15th is next Sunday)? In the past two years or so, the 13th-15th as not fallen on a weekend, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight.  Thanks!

I was just thinking about that my self. While it would be awesome for them to hit as early as the 13th, I am not holding my breath. So I am hoping for the 13th but expecting the 16th. Yale's should be in the mail soon as well.

I was just thinking about that my self. While it would be awesome for them to hit as early as the 13th, I am not holding my breath. So I am hoping for the 13th but expecting the 16th. Yale's should be in the mail soon as well.

I fear it may even be later. Boston was hit with a snow storm which closed down Harvard and that may have caused admissions decisions to stall.

It looks like Yale sent out acceptances to their MARc late February last year. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Did anyone else apply to the concentrated masters?

Haven't heard anything. Anxious because I know I'd have a better chance with comprehensive, I think. I did ethics...what about you?

Haven't heard anything. Anxious because I know I'd have a better chance with comprehensive, I think. I did ethics...what about you?

I too am also anxiously awaiting news from Yale. I applied to the MARc in Bible.

I applied to the History of Christianity concentrate. I'm also quite anxious and have been checking my email non-stop over the past few days!

Edited by colormelovely

I've heard a few people say that if you don't hear from Notre Dame (MTS) and Duke (MTS) prior to spring break you likely won't be admitted. Does anyone know how much truth there is to this? Anyone accepted to one of these programs after spring break?

KU offered me a 60% scholarship. In there letter they noted the department has had to make some serious budget cuts this year. No GTA positions are on offer as well. Kind of disappointing.

Received a (solicited) e-mail today from the department secretary at WMU that assistantship and award decisions are likely to be happening in the next few days with letters being mailed shortly after. Crossing my fingers! 

I've heard a few people say that if you don't hear from Notre Dame (MTS) and Duke (MTS) prior to spring break you likely won't be admitted. Does anyone know how much truth there is to this? Anyone accepted to one of these programs after spring break?

Bump... because I feel like being "that guy."

UPDATE FROM YDS

Dear ****,

Several people have emailed or called, wondering when YDS will release our admissions decisions.

We understand your anxiety; some of us remember what it was like to wait to hear if we got into YDS, too, and we know how tense it can be.

That’s why we want to reassure you that our decisions will be released on Sunday, March 15th.  On Sunday we will send an email informing you that your application status has been updated, with a link to your applicant status page.

Lots of spam filters catch this email, however.  It is important you log into your application on Sunday, March 15th after 12:30 pm EST to see your application update & link to your decision letter.

Sincerely,
The YDS Admissions Team