Masters Application Discussion - the latest and greatest.

chodson

Accepted to Western Michigan University to the Comparative Religion program via notice on application portal which stated an admission packet would be mailed out with more information. Application deadline for students seeking funding was Feb. 15th, so this seems like a pretty quick decision. Hoping that means I'm towards the top of that funding list. 

Duke Div has begun notifying their top finalists regarding acceptances and aid.

Source: A UG received a phone call from Admissions, while in a meeting with a campus ministry team, that he had been accepted with full funding and stipend for M.Div

Duke Div has begun notifying their top finalists regarding acceptances and aid.

Source: A UG received a phone call from Admissions, while in a meeting with a campus ministry team, that he had been accepted with full funding and stipend for M.Div

Good to know.

HNV721-Was wondering the same about VDS MDiv.  I haven't heard anything, but will post when/if I do. Hopefully by tomorrow! Onward.

I guess that can only be a good sign, right? Have not heard of any acceptances.

VDS was shut down for two days last week so that has probably affected decision notifications some. I'll see what I can find out.

thanks, man. i was wondering if nashville was getting hit like we are here. let me know if you hear something.

Edited by HNV721

Any news from Chicago Divinity?

Not that I've heard of, but I'm still under the impression that MA decisions have yet to go out, but will by this Friday at the latest. Sources: hearsay on this thread and trends on the results page.

Any news from Chicago Divinity?

Not yet, when you mentioned that results would be in "by the end of the week" I think it went without saying that they will be in at the end of the week, if that was even an accurate prediction on their end haha. I'm half expecting results not to come out this week--even the application submission confirmation page said that results would be ready in early March.

Edited by tsgriffey

thanks, man. i was wondering if nashville was getting hit like we are here. let me know if you hear something.

From my source, it looks like applicants can expect something by Friday, March 6. It's not guaranteed though but VDS realizes that it works in everyone's favor for applicants to have more time, as opposed to less, in making decisions.

I'm, at times, not a patient man myself but do know that decisions are coming sooner rather than later :) I've been where all of you are and realize that February - March 15 is torturous.

Also, if any of you will be coming to VDS' campus - toss me a PM and we'll set something up. I'll introduce you to students and/or groups that you're interested in, you can say hello to the Admissions Office people that have officially welcomed you into our community, etc.

Thanks xypathos. I'm definitely anxious to hear about acceptance and funding.  It's killing me! Hoping to hear something sooner than 3/6, but realistically I know it'll probably be closer to next Friday.  Do you know if they notify people in waves?

Thanks xypathos. I'm definitely anxious to hear about acceptance and funding.  It's killing me! Hoping to hear something sooner than 3/6, but realistically I know it'll probably be closer to next Friday.  Do you know if they notify people in waves?

They did last year, yes. So, I presume that will also be the case this year. Merit awardees were notified first and invited to a Scholar Day, then "gen. pop" was notified shortly after.

Edited by xypathos

It looks like someone posted on the results page that they were accepted to Vanderbilt M.Div... on the 17th... I thought Vanderbilt was closed on that day...

VDS was indeed closed on the 17th. I know GDR made some notifications over the iceageddon break but it was to people being denied to the PhD, that their application was being redirected to the Divinity School for a M*

Chicago just accepted me with 50% funding as well. 

Maybe I should make a separate thread about this, but what is the opinion on doing an MA with only partial funding? Is that wise or not? I have been accepted into another program in my state in which I will probably get full funding, but it's much less prestigious than a place like Chicago (and not in religious studies but in English). 

Edited by Thorongil

Chicago just accepted me with 50% funding as well. 

Maybe I should make a separate thread about this, but what is the opinion on doing an MA with only partial funding? Is that wise or not? I have been accepted into another program in my state in which I will probably get full funding, but it's much less prestigious than a place like Chicago (and not in religious studies but in English).

I think you should start another thread about this. I'd like some perspective about this issue also.