Fall 2016 Applicants

missmend

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 5:46 PM, fencergirl said:

Thank you! I don't know why but I didn't really even think that they would contact me on their own. It wasn't that I was impatient I just honestly wasn't expecting it (for some reason!) Anyway, I got an email today :)

Thank you so much! I don't have a B.A. in History let alone an M.A.so I was worried about getting into Ph.D.programs at all. And I really like my POI at BC so I am really excited! Hope you will hear soon! I don't think they've historically notified quite so early? Seems like it's usually been early February.

Yeah, they have been a little bit later typically.

Just got an email from Columbia to check the online application... I was rejected for the Ph.D. program, offered admission to their unfunded M.A. Not too surprised or disappointed, but I hope the rest of you have better luck!

25 minutes ago, fencergirl said:

Just got an email from Columbia to check the online application... I was rejected for the Ph.D. program, offered admission to their unfunded M.A. Not too surprised or disappointed, but I hope the rest of you have better luck!

Aww shucks... 

I am hoping my bad news from Columbia comes today. :)

1 hour ago, fencergirl said:

Sorry! What program were you rejected to?

Hi all,

Short time lurker here I just discovered this site today while 'googling' admissions results and I am trying to catch up.

I see some Minnesota admits on the results page and on this discussion group.  Does Minnesota stagger their admissions or are we to assume all the invitations have gone out?

Also, there was mention of UT Austin having completed a shortlist for a recruitment weekend.  Does anyone know if all of those invitations have been sent.

Thanks

21 hours ago, anthrostudentcyn said:

is NYU done do we think?

I'm also still wondering about this. They seem to send their rejections really late though, so it's hard to know. I wonder when their recruitment weekend is. I imagine if you dont get an invite before then, it's over.