Fall 2016 Applicants

missmend

24 minutes ago, knp said:

@RamyaS I actually think one of my very best applications was the last one I submitted! I only ended up having a day and a half to tailor my material to that school, so I did that part in a righteous hurry. Without the time to over-think "fit", though, I think I might have been more eloquent than the ones where I was trying to split the hairs of exactly why I was interested. I got an interview for that one (over in anthropology), so you never know how the circumstances of writing an application will affect anything! I dunno if I'll get admitted, but I was Super Not Expecting to even make it to an interview there.

@knp that is good to hear! I submitted Yale after a long semester, and a longer transatlantic flight and I was severely jetlagged. :) So happy for you that you got an interview with this hurried app! 

Me too! I wasn't really that sure I was a good fit before the interview. After the interview, though, I love them!

The only program I've applied to that's actually started to return decisions is UNC, from which I have heard nothing... No rejections have popped up on the results board yet, though. (Does anybody know if all acceptances have gone out?) But I'm pretty sure that 2-3 more of my programs will have released many/all of their decisions by next Monday, and all but Penn by next Friday! (At that interview, they said they'd most likely send out notifications in the third week of February.)

Who me, nervous? What would make you say that?

1 minute ago, knp said:

Me too! I wasn't really that sure I was a good fit before the interview. After the interview, though, I love them!

The only program I've applied to that's actually started to return decisions is UNC, from which I have heard nothing... No rejections have popped up on the results board yet, though. (Does anybody know if all acceptances have gone out?) But I'm pretty sure that 2-3 more of my programs will have released many/all of their decisions by next Monday, and all but Penn by next Friday! (At that interview, they said they'd most likely send out notifications in the third week of February.)

Who me, nervous? What would make you say that?

haha :) You seem to be in a good position. I am sure the good news shall start coming in soon :)

If you don't mind my asking, was your interview at Yale anthropology?

Did anyone else apply to Minnesota? Does anyone know much about their history department/the university/minneapolis (literally anything, I only got as far as knowing the professor I want to work with)?

35 minutes ago, kmr said:

Apologies if this is repetitive, but does anybody know if Penn accepts any applicants without an interview?

I certainly hope so! I've basically come to the conclusion that it varies based on field. No way to tell really. 

35 minutes ago, anxietygirl said:

Congrats to the William and Mary applicant!!! It's such an amazing program!! :D I have no idea if you would know this, but did they say if they had notified everyone all ready (i.e. should I lose hope yet)? 

Thanks!!! The person I spoke to said they were sending their recommendations to the grad school today. The official emails will be arriving this week. He didn't say anything about if I was the first or the last call, so I'm not sure but the impression he gave was that they had only concluded their final meeting recently. So there's still hope!!!!! Good luck and hope this helps :)

2 minutes ago, hbnj said:

Thanks!!! The person I spoke to said they were sending their recommendations to the grad school today. The official emails will be arriving this week. He didn't say anything about if I was the first or the last call, so I'm not sure but the impression he gave was that they had only concluded their final meeting recently. So there's still hope!!!!! Good luck and hope this helps :)

Congratulations!

11 minutes ago, hbnj said:

Thanks so much!! And congrats again!! 

19 minutes ago, Josh J. said:

Anyone want to claim the University of Washington admits?

Hi, I am a long time lurker. I got the call yesterday from the Director of Graduate Studies at University of Washington saying I was accepted. I am a little embarrassed about how inarticulate I was on the phone, but she was really nice about it and assured me she remembered what her first acceptance felt like. 

56 minutes ago, bookinsomnia said:

Hi, I am a long time lurker. I got the call yesterday from the Director of Graduate Studies at University of Washington saying I was accepted. I am a little embarrassed about how inarticulate I was on the phone, but she was really nice about it and assured me she remembered what her first acceptance felt like. 

Congrats!

Looks like Northwestern rejections are out. Pretty sad about it as I worked really hard on the application and it's my first rejection. Oh well. Here's to hoping everything else works out.

7 hours ago, bookinsomnia said:

This is the cutest admit story I've read in awhile. Congrats!