2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

7 minutes ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Been lurking this thread hard but wanted to share that I got an interview for Mt. Sinai for Biomedical Sciences!! I'm so impressed with how fast that was because I submitted my app on the 1st at like 3 PM EST. Good luck to everyone!

4 minutes ago, AmyShelton said:

My daughter just got an interview invite from UCLA.

Congrats!

13 minutes ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Been lurking this thread hard but wanted to share that I got an interview for Mt. Sinai for Biomedical Sciences!! I'm so impressed with how fast that was because I submitted my app on the 1st at like 3 PM EST. Good luck to everyone!

hey mrpoopybutthole

What interview options(dates) were you offered? and what program, as in the interviews were for which MTA?

Edited by bioconfused

17 hours ago, Caffeine Junky said:

If you DON'T get an interview, do they notify you with a rejection email at the same time you would have gotten an interview email? Or do you just have to wait it out until they update your application status?

Some will be nice enough to notify you but most just make you wait it out. If you don't hear by mid- February you can expect to get rejected most likely. It's definitely a brutal waiting period.

For those that applied to TSRI - just called the admissions office to ask about my "pending" documents. They said they have stacks of mailed documents they haven't sorted through yet and to just hang tight. They also said interview invites are likely to go out in mid January. 

56 minutes ago, biosci said:

What other WUSTL programs did people apply to?

I applied to WUSTL DBBS neuro. Anyone have an idea of when they will be sending out invites?

Do all programs within DBBS send out invites around the same time, or does it mean nothing that another program has already started notifying people?

Thanks @biosci!

1 hour ago, biosci said:

Congrats Microburritology and good luck SynBioGuy!  What other WUSTL programs did people apply to?

@mrpoopybutthole (this is going to be fun) yeah I thought that I'd probably not be shortlisted because I submitted 2 minutes before the deadline, like literally at 11:58 pm. 

1 hour ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

@StrongTackleBacarySagna Stay Strong :P They send out the invites in waves. What's kinda concerning is that I havent seen any other acceptance post on this thread from WUSTL DBBS. ANYONE else heard from WUSTL? Any program at all?

1 hour ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

I applied to DBBS neuroscience. I probably have a better shot at Columbia at this point...

Edited by Microburritology

4 minutes ago, emk9312 said:

Do all programs within DBBS send out invites around the same time, or does it mean nothing that another program has already started notifying people?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I applied to Molecular Genetics & Genomics

@emk9312 @biosci Means nothing, apparently different programs meet at different times and invites are sent as and when decided. From my interview letter it could be indirectly deciphered that this invite was for the PMB, EEPB, and one more program.

Edited by Microburritology

1 minute ago, Microburritology said:

@emk9312 Means nothing, apparently different programs meet at different times and invites are sent as and when decided. From my interview letter it could be indirectly deciphered that this invite was for the PMB, EEPB, and one more program.

what was the third?

1 minute ago, Microburritology said:

@biosci No idea. Like I said a sentence in the letter was structured in such a way that it put PMB and EEPB in one group, and "one other program" in the other.

Oh.  I see.  I thought you just didn't want to make me more anxious by telling me it was MGG!  Thanks for the info

Lmfao no, would never do that to someone. Relax, if you see the survey from the previous year, you can see invites were spread over 2 months. 

But I can understand the anxiety. Till the day before I was refreshing my email 10! times a day -_-

Just now, Microburritology said:

Lmfao no, would never do that to someone. Relax, if you see the survey from the previous year, you can see invites were spread over 2 months. 

But I can understand the anxiety. Till the day before I was refreshing my email 10! times a day -_-

Thanks.  I just finished my last final this morning so now I am in full anxiety mode!  Need to find distractions...