2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

8 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

OMG I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE FOR DARTMOUTH MCB!!!

NICE! And it's funny how they are sending the emails at like 9 EST, didn't really expect that. So I should refresh until the night too huh lol

11 minutes ago, adiJ said:

NICE! And it's funny how they are sending the emails at like 9 EST, didn't really expect that. So I should refresh until the night too huh lol

NOOOO I have a giant term paper due tomorrow so... this website is either keeping me sane from the next two days or destroying said sanity.  I want to know about Harvard Immunology, Princeton Molecular Biology, UW Immunology, and UCSF BMS already!!! (the ones that I applied to that seem to send out invites before Christmas)

23 hours ago, adiJ said:

There aren't any cases where top schools give acceptance letters without interviews right. So if mid February starts rolling around, then you might as well not wait for the April deadline?

Not necessarily. I had friends get interviews that were in March. But past February, your chances really dwindle.

1 hour ago, goliath said:

If anyone has advice on how to coordinate interview schedules that would be great.  I got my first interview invite this week and am hesitant to commit to a date because I'm still waiting to hear back from 8 other programs. 

Earlier in this application season, I had an excel sheet with all the requirements, deadlines, etc for my programs. Now that interviews are coming out, I added a column with all the interview dates that I know of. Most are posted on their websites. For those that aren't posted online, I used the dates given by some people on here (which may or may not be the same date I receive). For the rest, there's not much I can do but wait for more information. 

Having at least a few dates written down will help a lot when it comes to choosing between 2 dates for some programs (provided I get interviews at those).

2 hours ago, Focus said:

That's awesome! Congratulations! 
I'm waiting to hear back from Baylor's Biomedical Studies program. When did you submit your application?

If you mean Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, in the past, interviews came after December 18 or 20 or as late as late January. I'm not sure what they were last year.

57 minutes ago, biotechie said:

If you mean Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, in the past, interviews came after December 18 or 20 or as late as late January. I'm not sure what they were last year.

Possibly? Here's a link to the program: http://www.baylor.edu/biomedical/
I believe this is what you were speaking of; their program structure is a little confusing.

I emailed the administrative associate and applications technically aren't due until February; but I submitted it early with the rest of my applications.
I wouldn't be surprised if interviews aren't out until January-ish. I'll just have to sit tight!

Edited by Focus
grammar

44 minutes ago, bicsy said:

Earlier in this application season, I had an excel sheet with all the requirements, deadlines, etc for my programs. Now that interviews are coming out, I added a column with all the interview dates that I know of. Most are posted on their websites. For those that aren't posted online, I used the dates given by some people on here (which may or may not be the same date I receive). For the rest, there's not much I can do but wait for more information. 

Having at least a few dates written down will help a lot when it comes to choosing between 2 dates for some programs (provided I get interviews at those).

Awesome, that's a good idea!  I wish I was that organized haha

36 minutes ago, Focus said:

Possibly? Here's a link to the program: http://www.baylor.edu/biomedical/
I believe this is what you were speaking of; their program structure is a little confusing.

I emailed the administrative associate and applications technically aren't due until February; but I submitted it early with the rest of my applications.
I wouldn't be surprised if interviews aren't out until January-ish. I'll just have to sit tight!

Nope. I meant this one: https://www.bcm.edu/education/schools/graduate-school-of-biomedical-sciences/programs/integrative-molecular-and-biomedical-sciences

I'm pretty sure the applicant you quoted to ask about their interview applied to Baylor College of Medicine (Houston). You're talking about Baylor University (Waco).

2 hours ago, wafflecat said:

Ditto!

@wafflecat and @goliath Maybe start by figuring out when their interview weekends were last year? I have 2 interviews out of 10 schools already and I confirmed both because they are both in January. It seems like most interview weekends are February and early March. So it may be worth confirming any January interview offers now. Also, it may not hurt to contact admissions at your top school choices to make sure other interviews don't conflict with theirs, in hopes you get an offer. Good luck!

35 minutes ago, biotechie said:

Nope. I meant this one: https://www.bcm.edu/education/schools/graduate-school-of-biomedical-sciences/programs/integrative-molecular-and-biomedical-sciences

I'm pretty sure the applicant you quoted to ask about their interview applied to Baylor College of Medicine (Houston). You're talking about Baylor University (Waco).

Hahaha, you're definitely right. Doh! 
Thanks(:

@bicsy Finally someone else for WUSTL DBBS!! What was your program choice? What dates? I'll see you there if yours is also on the weekend of January 14th!

6 hours ago, bicsy said:

Ahhhhhh I got an interview invite to WUSTL DBBS!!! My program contact called earlier today to confirm! 

I'm so damn happy, I don't know what to do with myself.

What they did to you on the show was messed up, man. Hope you're doing better now.

Edited by Microburritology

@123hardasABC I wish I was half as good at writing. It took me 3 straight hours for the perseverance essay. I almost was about to give up the application solely for the essay as it was 11 pm at night and the essay was the only thing remaining.

Edited by Microburritology