MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 hour ago, straightlines said:

Congrats to everyone who's already gotten acceptances!!!

Do y'all have any idea how long it might take from a department making a decision to notifying you of the decision? I had an interview with University of Arizona last weekend and was told their committee was meeting on Tuesday and that I would be notified shortly. I know it really hasn't been that long but I still haven't heard anything and I'm starting to assume that means bad news.

According to CAA's graduate directory, U of A's fall notification date is 3/1.  I could only find a few results in the database but they date to late Feb.  

On 1/28/2016 at 1:33 PM, straydog654 said:

I talked to Carol , I didn't make the shortlist, so I'm guessing I not getting in.

The faculty there (George Legrady) has ties to tech and art. They also at the MAT program but since I am still learning how to code I am not up to par with their standards, yet. My work has been steering more and more into Technology base Art which is why I thought I would be a great fit. But the more I think, I might want to try and broaden my horizon and go for their MAT program, its  a Master of Science rather than an MFA. We shall see what the future hold!

I did visit the campus , I met with Carol but not with any faculty. 

Best of Luck! 

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. You seem to be exploring some wonderful opportunities! 

4 hours ago, le.xenia said:

Sure it is! Congrats!

Could you please PM me when you'll receive a letter from them"? I would like to know what's in it, because I'm an international applicant and will wait to receive this letter "with details on your admission" for a very very long time.

Yes, I will let you know as soon as I do. I wonder if the submission on the site is to the colleges graduate school and not the actual program. Do you believe that is possible?

28 minutes ago, jennaleigh26 said:

Yes, I will let you know as soon as I do. I wonder if the submission on the site is to the colleges graduate school and not the actual program. Do you believe that is possible?

That makes no sence then.

Hello everyone.

I created an account just to say the following: there is still time to apply to the University of Delaware.

I am currently an MFA candidate here. It is a two year, open medium program (so yes, you only have to live in Delaware for two years). I have a private studio with a locking door. My tuition is fully waived, and I will soon have a teaching position with a generous stipend. This is the case with the majority of those accepted. 

And while I just took a jab at the location, it is actually a pretty decent place. We are forty minutes from both Philadelphia and Baltimore and two hours from New York City. That's no exaggeration... it is quite literally two hours flat from my apartment to the Lincoln Tunnel. It's not a bad spot. Plus, no sales tax.

If you feel like checking it out in the next couple of weeks, feel free to talk to me. I'd be happy to show you around.

Good luck!

got an email from CalArts telling me to apply for financial aid--- ughhh I thought it was going to be better news !   Did all of you CalArts app people get that? I'm assuming yes and that it doesn't actually mean anything.  

I am losing my mind right now!! SMFA is one of my top choices, and I got an email from them today saying my application is incomplete - that I haven't paid my application fee and that my transcript hasn't been received. I was in touch with admissions over the long MLK weekend and was told the error would be corrected. My transcript is in my maiden name which has been an issue for some schools, but my undergrad confirmed sending it. I checked my bank account and the payment cleared. I had a really great review with them at portfolio day and just hoping I still have a chance.  Ahhhhhh!! I am really, REALLY happy for you guys!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Laceybug said:

I am losing my mind right now!! SMFA is one of my top choices, and I got an email from them today saying my application is incomplete - that I haven't paid my application fee and that my transcript hasn't been received. I was in touch with admissions over the long MLK weekend and was told the error would be corrected. My transcript is in my maiden name which has been an issue for some schools, but my undergrad confirmed sending it. I checked my bank account and the payment cleared. I had a really great review with them at portfolio day and just hoping I still have a chance.  Ahhhhhh!! I am really, REALLY happy for you guys!!!!!

don't be so worried, call them on monday and they'll sort it out.  I'm sure its fine!  SMFA is very understanding. 

1 hour ago, Alment said:

got an email from CalArts telling me to apply for financial aid--- ughhh I thought it was going to be better news !   Did all of you CalArts app people get that? I'm assuming yes and that it doesn't actually mean anything.  

Yeah, I got that too! Frustrating. 

4 hours ago, stephku said:

I'm a longtime lurker- hi. Just wanted to let y'all know I got an email invitation to interview at SFAI last night!

Congrats! I got an email invite to interview at SFAI earlier this evening. Are you planning to do yours in-person? I'd love to ideally, but I think I'm going to wait a week or so to decide since I'm based on Long Island in NY (and three of the other four programs I applied to are on the East Coast, so I want to wait out for more decisions before I make the call to book a cross-country flight).

6 minutes ago, ChrisPW said:

Congrats! I got an email invite to interview at SFAI earlier this evening. Are you planning to do yours in-person? I'd love to ideally, but I think I'm going to wait a week or so to decide since I'm based on Long Island in NY (and three of the other four programs I applied to are on the East Coast, so I want to wait out for more decisions before I make the call to book a cross-country flight).

Huntington?  haaa.  Im from Ronkonkoma.

2 hours ago, Laceybug said:

Thanks Laceybug,

And you'll be ok! don't worry!

42 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

Huntington?  haaa.  Im from Ronkonkoma.

Small world! It's great to see that you're based in San Diego now, I hope you're doing well and that your MFA application process is going smoothly. 

I'm slightly terrified of the possibility of relocating to Cali since I've lived on Long Island all of my life and I've created photographic work only here (including documentary, still life, and landscape images). Do you have an advice for a working artist who might potentially relocate to a totally different location and climate?

Hello all! first post. I received an email today to schedule an interview with SAIC!

Can anyone comment on how schools generally choose who they interview? (if it's even possible to generalize about such a thing - i know it varies from school to school and year to year)

i am just curious because i know some people are admitted without even having to do so. 

Edited by Modal_Pieces

8 hours ago, Modal_Pieces said:

Hello all! first post. I received an email today to schedule an interview with SAIC!

Can anyone comment on how schools generally choose who they interview? (if it's even possible to generalize about such a thing - i know it varies from school to school and year to year)

i am just curious because i know some people are admitted without even having to do so. 

Which department did you apply to? 

10 hours ago, Modal_Pieces said:

I received an email on Thursday for an interview at SAIC as well. I applied to the Fiber and Material Studies and Sculpture programs. I have only heard back regarding the Fiber and Material Studies program though.