MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

8 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Northwestern folks--

Just emailed the graduate program assistant at Northwestern and heres the timeline: 

Finalizing interviewees on Friday, contacting people next week. Interviews will be *long sigh* February 26th and 27th. -__________-

WHY!?!?!??!?!?!

whattttttttt

*headdesk*

8 minutes ago, Relm said:

whattttttttt

*headdesk*

I know...I thought they'd have them during the open studios the following weekend. 

Well...now I know that trip to Chicago I made in September was definitely worth it. I'm happy I got to see all the schools since it will definitely be skype interviews across the board (if I'm selected for a Northwestern interview, that is). 

From hence forth, I'm praying to the MFA gods that no more interviews take place in February...please, please make it March!

Edited by cpw0021

48 minutes ago, xanderesse said:

Update! Received a call from SAIC earlier today to schedule an interview date. 

Good luck at the Sculpture Interview, someone else that I know got a call today too. 

Update: I just now got a call from the Sculpture department. So for those who haven't heard, they are still making calls. 

Edited by jennaleigh26

18 hours ago, dryheat said:

i know--i looked last night and they're about 800 bucks for me at this point! have you been in contact with anyone there? as you said, it might be an easier pill to swallow if we had some idea where in the process we are. i got the sense from one of the other posters on here that the visitation day invitation was extended to everyone that applied, but i have no more information than that. i think i might sit on it another couple of days (even though that won't help ticket prices) and see what the next email that they said we would receive shortly has to say. which discipline did you apply to?

I just saw that I was accepted also! I haven't received an email yet but my status on the application page changed to an acceptance message. I guess maybe the invite is connected after all. Timing/finances are tough to go for a visit on Feb. 19th. I am considering asking if it would be possible to visit in late March instead. My area is "Art and Technology". I asked during my interview and apparently the different disciplines often share seminars//studios are kind of intermingled//general cross-disciplinary interaction is common.

To gtakaoka and Doggs, in the event that you aren't accepted I would try not to sweat it. I know that that's easier said than done but just try and remember how specific and obtuse the decision making process is from our end. The faculty is working with knowledge about what kind of work grows well in their specific environment. Being passed up by a school means the faculty thought that their specific environment wouldn't be helpful to your work not that your work wouldn't add something to their environment. Either way, I feel confident that everything will work out well for you if you are the kind of person that cares enough to be actively following a website like this.

2 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Has anyone heard from SAIC Printmedia? 

I'm also waiting on Printmedia!! I thought today would've been the day for us, but I guess not.... 

Has anyone else heard form SAIC Printmedia Dept...

2 hours ago, mlarghydracept said:

To gtakaoka and Doggs, in the event that you aren't accepted I would try not to sweat it. I know that that's easier said than done but just try and remember how specific and obtuse the decision making process is from our end. The faculty is working with knowledge about what kind of work grows well in their specific environment. Being passed up by a school means the faculty thought that their specific environment wouldn't be helpful to your work not that your work wouldn't add something to their environment. Either way, I feel confident that everything will work out well for you if you are the kind of person that cares enough to be actively following a website like this.

I appreciate you taking the time to address us on that. It's true, I know logically that there are so many talented people applying to so few spots. I am just one of hundreds! Logically, I know its nothing to be taken personally if I don't get in. Emotionally however, I know I can't help but feel a bit down about it. All I can really do is work through these emotions and most importantly, don't give up, try again next year, work work work! 

That being said, in the mean time, there are three more schools to hear from!

I've finished my applications recently for Painting, all of which are for programs in New York. I've seen mixed responses and am wondering if Pratt, SVA, Hunter, Columbia, Parsons, or NYU schedule interviews as a part of the process? 

4 minutes ago, EllayMaxwell said:

I've finished my applications recently for Painting, all of which are for programs in New York. I've seen mixed responses and am wondering if Pratt, SVA, Hunter, Columbia, Parsons, or NYU schedule interviews as a part of the process? 

Hunter, Columbia and NYU definitely host interviews - I'm not sure about the rest.

9 minutes ago, 2222222 said:

Hunter, Columbia and NYU definitely host interviews - I'm not sure about the rest.

Great, thanks. I was thinking at least those three might. I'm feeling antsy and had to find out!

5 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Northwestern folks--

Just emailed the graduate program assistant at Northwestern and heres the timeline: 

Finalizing interviewees on Friday, contacting people next week. Interviews will be *long sigh* February 26th and 27th. -__________-

WHY!?!?!??!?!?!

Welp, I'm ready to have a heartattack :-)))

thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, EllayMaxwell said:

Great, thanks. I was thinking at least those three might. I'm feeling antsy and had to find out!

Hi! :)

I remember seeing a girl post in last year's thread that she went to an in-person interview at NYU.
I'm not sure if they give you options as to what kind of an interview you can have, though.  

39 minutes ago, anabanduka said:

Anybody got any word from UCSB? 

Yes. Invitations to interview with UCSB were recently extended. Perhaps it's worth your while to check in with Carol Talley? ctalley@hfa.ucsb.edu Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!