MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

6 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Oh man...just got rejected from Northwestern. :(

LOL @ rejection email not even bothering to update the year from last year's.

Also, eh, I'm not worried about you, with your portfolio. (:

Edited by Relm

3 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

wow...did all of us get rejected? I will say, their program is really competitive. I think something like 5% get in. 

Yeah, when I talked to the graduate assistant (Matt) he said around 100 apply and they enroll about 5. So we were competing for precious few spots. Even though it's not strictly a numbers game, it's pretty crazy to step back and think of how those numbers crunch out. It definitely helps to put it into perspective and not to take it too personally.

Edited by gtakaoka
Posted before I was done typing wtf!

hey

just want to let people know about the MFA program at the University of Delaware. Full tuition for all accepted and 3/4 get the teaching stipend, $18,000/yr. We're doing an exhibition and trip to Berlin, Germany this year, most of the student expenses covered by donors! Still time to apply, deadline is February 15th.

https://www.facebook.com/UD-MFA-Program-115806475148723/?ref=hl

https://www.art.udel.edu/graduate/master-of-fine-arts/admission-requirements

From this list, I think the only one that has started contacting applicants is U Michigan? 
UIC, Moving Image
SAIC, Video
SMU
UW Milwaukee, Film
U Michigan 
Carnegie Mellon 

These are the programs I have applied to that I have not heard anything from yet. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts!

55 minutes ago, thetylerlynch said:

From this list, I think the only one that has started contacting applicants is U Michigan? 
UIC, Moving Image
SAIC, Video
SMU
UW Milwaukee, Film
U Michigan 
Carnegie Mellon 

These are the programs I have applied to that I have not heard anything from yet. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts!

I applied to CMU also. I don't think they will start talking to people until the end of Feb. Good luck!

30 minutes ago, conny said:

Only applied to 2 schools. Yale and risd. was offered an invitation to both. Ah!! Wtf wtf

conny, how did RISD notify you? I applied there too for graphic design and haven't heard anything yet.

16 minutes ago, mfahopeful said:

conny, how did RISD notify you? I applied there too for graphic design and haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to the 3 year graphic design mfa. I was notified today around 11am central time by email .

1 hour ago, cpw0021 said:

has anyone heard anything from CalArts? I guessing, based off of last year, today might be the day? :S

I haven't heard from CalArts either! 

59 minutes ago, conny said:

Only applied to 2 schools. Yale and risd. was offered an invitation to both. Ah!! Wtf wtf

Congrats! Amazing!  When and how did RISD contact you? I applied there as well *edit, sorry i just saw your response above! congrats again!

Edited by Alment

8 minutes ago, conny said:

I applied to the 3 year graphic design mfa. I was notified today around 11am central time by email .

Oh, cool—congrats! I applied to the two-year program at RISD. Either I'm out of the running, or they're contacting people at different times. Just got my first piece of good news though—I got an interview at VCU!