MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Just noticed a few of you talking about FAFSA. I've been out of school for a few years now, so I kind of forgot that thing existed. Should I have already filled that out even though I don't know that I got in anywhere? I haven't even done my taxes yet this year.

The sooner the better for FAFSA. MassArt urged applicants to get theirs done by Feb. 1 for priority, but I think most schools want it by March at the latest.

Edited by Laceybug

1 hour ago, nikcav said:

Just noticed a few of you talking about FAFSA. I've been out of school for a few years now, so I kind of forgot that thing existed. Should I have already filled that out even though I don't know that I got in anywhere? I haven't even done my taxes yet this year.

Yeah, definitely fill it out now. You can do the FAFSA without having done your taxes, just estimate and then after you've filled you'll be able to update. Most of my schools have a Feb. 15th deadline for FAFSA. 

12 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

I think it's staggered. I heard from Photo on Monday and then other people heard the following day. Although, it also depends on how many people they're interviewing. 

There was no change on slideroom for me. 

@AKW94 I agree and also think it could be staggered given the timeline of the most recent results. Good luck, dude!

Edited by sissy_vicious

10 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

I believe in last year's freak out thread someone who applied to PAFA had that change to her status and she was accepted. So congrats!!

Haha, thanks! I was pouring over that thread also, but there was one difference so we'll see! 

Edited by meganmoriartyart

5 minutes ago, 2222222 said:

Hi all,

I just noticed that Bard updated their calendar to say that they are sending interview status emails on February 12th, and not this week as was previously stated.

Thanks for sharing!  This is kind of horrible news haha but I'm glad to know it. 

29 minutes ago, gtakaoka said:

You guys I just got a phone call from UPenn to schedule an interview and I have NEVER sounded so stupid on the phone in my life. Oh my gawd I wish I had let that go to voicemail. Kicking myself right now!!

Woohoo! Congratulations!!

(I mean, not on sounding stupid. Obvs. But I'm sure it's fiiiine.)

Edited by Relm

My phone is not up and running properly, so I'll be missing any and all potential interview invites. I just emailed UPenn like I did SAIC informing them of my predicament. *fingerscrossed*. @untitledforhim where you also notified by phone, email or both? 

Thanks @paint_and_destroy! SAIC on-campus event seem like an all day event, they even have a reception!!!!! (I hope they have food) I was told a confirmation email with all the details of the on campus even will be sent out next week sometime. From what I herd during portfolio review they only take 8 for Printmedia..... correct me if I'm wrong....

13 minutes ago, Alment said:

congrats!:D

thank you alment! notice you are from philly, any recommendation maybe ? ;)

7 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

My phone is not up and running properly, so I'll be missing any and all potential interview invites. I just emailed UPenn like I did SAIC informing them of my predicament. *fingerscrossed*. @untitledforhim where you also notified by phone, email or both? 

Thanks @paint_and_destroy! SAIC on-campus event seem like an all day event, they even have a reception!!!!! (I hope they have food) I was told a confirmation email with all the details of the on campus even will be sent out next week sometime. From what I herd during portfolio review they only take 8 for Printmedia..... correct me if I'm wrong....

i got it through email~

20 minutes ago, untitledforhim said:

thank you alment! notice you are from philly, any recommendation maybe ? ;)

i got it through email~

I don't know many specific details about the program at Penn, I was a tyler undergrad and haven't actually encountered any Penn students (its in west phila!) despite how many PAFA students and UArts students I've talked too.  I have a really great impression of the program though based on its connections to the ICA in phila, I can't have enough good things to say about this AMAZING ICA.  Philadelphia is a really amazing place to live and if you like your impression of the program then you should definitely go.