MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

3 minutes ago, sissy_vicious said:

I just received an invitation via phone for an on-campus interview for SAIC Printmedia! I am beside myself as this is my top program of choice. See y'all in Chicago!

oh wow!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!!!

Can anyone answer this: does the interview means acceptance?? how heavy the interview is? what usually is the ratio of acceptance for SAIC's graduate studio programs?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!:)

1 minute ago, cpw0021 said:

Just got a phone call from Irvine (Kevin Appel) for an interview!  Flying out for a visit March 1st!!

I expect you to get a few more interviews, your work is fantastic.  Congrats!

Looks like the Yale app may have new signs of life. 
Does every painting applicant have a red X in their app checklist now with an indication of interview scheduling? 

3 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Just got a phone call from Irvine (Kevin Appel) for an interview!  Flying out for a visit March 1st!!

Congrats!! I got an email from Irvine financial aid today asking me to create a user ID and that I'd be getting more detailed information soon. I don't know what to think! Ahhh anyone else hear anything?

1 minute ago, Laceybug said:

Congrats!! I got an email from Irvine financial aid today asking me to create a user ID and that I'd be getting more detailed information soon. I don't know what to think! Ahhh anyone else hear anything?

Really? That's interesting. Have you completed your FAFSA? I sent mine a few days ago so maybe that's why you got it? Either way, this could be a good sign!

5 hours ago, sissy_vicious said:

I just received a phone invitation for an on-campus interview for SAIC Printmedia! I am beside myself as this is my top program of choice. See y'all in Chicago!

Congrats SAIC Printmedia folks!!! I know you guys got a phone call but did you all receive an email with addiction to a change in SAIC slidroom status? My phone is currently not up in running, but I would assume that they would contact all interview candidates today...?  

Just now, AKW94 said:

Congrats SAIC Printmedia folks!!! I know you guys got a phone call but did you all receive an email with addiction to a change in SAIC slidroom status? My phone is currently not up in running, but I would assume that they would contact all interview candidates today...?  

I haven't noticed any change in SlideRoom status

19 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

I think it's staggered. I heard from Photo on Monday and then other people heard the following day. Although, it also depends on how many people they're interviewing. 

There was no change on slideroom for me. 

Edited by cpw0021

4 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Congrats!!

You'll be in my neighborhood (basically)! If you have any questions about the area or anything, let me know. I've lived here forever :lol:

2 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Really? That's interesting. Have you completed your FAFSA? I sent mine a few days ago so maybe that's why you got it? Either way, this could be a good sign!

I completed my fafsa a couple weeks ago. I sure hope it's a good sign!

Just checked my PAFA status and it said the decision letter went out Feb. 1st with "Candidate Reply Form" and "New Student Information Form" marked as pending. Was it always pending? Is anyone else getting something similar from PAFA? 

Edited by meganmoriartyart

59 minutes ago, meganmoriartyart said:

Just checked my PAFA status and it said the decision letter went out Feb. 1st with "Candidate Reply Form" and "New Student Information Form" marked as pending. Was it always pending? Is anyone else getting something similar from PAFA? 

I believe in last year's freak out thread someone who applied to PAFA had that change to her status and she was accepted. So congrats!!