MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Haven't heard from CalArts too. But just received an interview invitation from PennDesign. Does anyone know about this program?  I applied for MFA visual art program, however, the interview is Interdisciplinary program.  Good luck to all!!!

Edited by Kaji Irukazu

6 hours ago, asdonovan said:

hey

just want to let people know about the MFA program at the University of Delaware. Full tuition for all accepted and 3/4 get the teaching stipend, $18,000/yr. We're doing an exhibition and trip to Berlin, Germany this year, most of the student expenses covered by donors! Still time to apply, deadline is February 15th.

https://www.facebook.com/UD-MFA-Program-115806475148723/?ref=hl

https://www.art.udel.edu/graduate/master-of-fine-arts/admission-requirements

Seriously a great school! My best friend from undergrad is getting her painting MFA there now!

1 hour ago, mfahopeful said:

Oh, cool—congrats! I applied to the two-year program at RISD. Either I'm out of the running, or they're contacting people at different times. Just got my first piece of good news though—I got an interview at VCU!

Awesome! I had looked into vcu as well. Good luck ! 

1 hour ago, mfahopeful said:

Oh, cool—congrats! I applied to the two-year program at RISD. Either I'm out of the running, or they're contacting people at different times. Just got my first piece of good news though—I got an interview at VCU!

Congrats on VCU GD! I'm waiting to hear back from them in Ceramics. Richmond is a cool place.

Anyone here applying to programs in ceramics? Where did you apply and who have you heard back from? 

2 hours ago, Kaji Irukazu said:

Haven't heard from CalArts too. But just received an interview invitation from PennDesign. Does anyone know about this program?  I applied for MFA visual art program, however, the interview is Interdisciplinary program.  Good luck to all!!!

The MFA program at UPenn (PennDesign) is "interdisciplinary", so in applying for the visual art program you are essentially applying for an MFA in interdisciplinary art. Not sure if I explained that well. But congrats on the interview request!

On that note, I just finished my interview with Penn over Skype, and I think it went okay!! It was much easier than the phone interview with OSU; I think it helped to be able to read people's expressions and body language, etc. I don't think I sounded like a complete idiot. Now to follow through with that animal sacrifice I promised I'd do if everything went well...

1 hour ago, itsjess said:

Congrats on VCU GD! I'm waiting to hear back from them in Ceramics. Richmond is a cool place.

Anyone here applying to programs in ceramics? Where did you apply and who have you heard back from? 

I applied for Ceramics to these schools:

Alfred

Syracuse

Penn State

Ohio State

Ohio U

So far I have interviewed at Syracuse via Skype, haven't heard anything from any others

Hi all. Congrats to everyone who has interviews and acceptances. And know that rejections only mean that you are meant to go somewhere better suited for you and your work. I am checking my status obsessively as you all probably are! 

MFA Painting 

OU

Indiana B. 

Rutgers

SUNY New Paltz

SUNY Purchase

University at Buffalo

Tulane

Burren College of Art- Interview 

1 hour ago, KRT said:

Hi all. Congrats to everyone who has interviews and acceptances. And know that rejections only mean that you are meant to go somewhere better suited for you and your work. I am checking my status obsessively as you all probably are! 

MFA Painting 

OU

Indiana B. 

Rutgers

SUNY New Paltz

SUNY Purchase

University at Buffalo

Tulane

Re: rejections leading to places better suited to your work. Love this perspective. Have any photo people heard from UNM, MassArt, or RISD?

3 hours ago, Holitron said:

I applied for Ceramics to these schools:

Alfred

Syracuse

Penn State

Ohio State

Ohio U

So far I have interviewed at Syracuse via Skype, haven't heard anything from any others

I applied to Alfred but for Sculpture. I have not heard anything yet. 

12 hours ago, KRT said:

MFA Painting 

OU

Indiana B. 

Rutgers

SUNY New Paltz

SUNY Purchase

University at Buffalo

Tulane

Hey! Have you heard something from Buffalo? They have visited my portfolio website like 10 times last week, so I am kinda curios what does it mean

Edited by le.xenia

le.xenia - I haven't heard anything from Buffalo either but also had a lot of views on my website from them. I would assume that means they'll be making some decisions soon. Their site says to expect a response around late February.

43 minutes ago, tynnifer said:

le.xenia - I haven't heard anything from Buffalo either but also had a lot of views on my website from them. I would assume that means they'll be making some decisions soon. Their site says to expect a response around late February.

thanks for the information !

40 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Unfortunately, yes. I'm pretty sure all interviews have been scheduled. Sorry!

Is this referring to Irvine?

Anyone know which schools don't bother to send rejections?

I just had my VCU interview, anyone else have one with painting yet? I think it went kind of well, or I hope it did.  They basically asked me the standard questions and they all seemed like amazing people.