MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

25 minutes ago, Alment said:

yay 1 more thing for me to freak out about. 

Mine still says MFA in slideroom.

When i was reviewing forums a few weeks ago it was really hard to determine if it was actually a thing or not.  I feel like i saw people who said they no longer had MFA there with signatures that actually did say they got an interview later.  I don't know maybe I'm wrong, I'm trying to look through this forum less and it doesn't seem to be working out for me haha. 

By the looks of your interview list, you don't have much to freak out about!  Hope you manage to have fun at the interviews.

3 hours ago, Barber said:

So have all of the Alfred sculpture interview requests gone out then? It stinks when they send out a mass email for interviews but not one for rejections. I just want to know whether or not I should hold out hope. 

Also, anyone heard anything from Pratt or Penn State?

The email that I received was more like an invitation to visit campus. I am not sure if it's really an interview invitation.

1 hour ago, aniram415 said:

Hey there everyone wondering about Alfred. I received two emails from Alfred today - one was an interview invitation asking me to choose a time for a Skype interview with the faculty committee on either Feb 23 or 24. The subject line of this email was "Alfred University MFA Skype Interview" or something of the sort. The second email was the general one about the campus visit, which I think all applicants may have received. I applied to Sculpture/Dimensional Studies and am not sure if interview emails have been sent to other departments (or even if all Sculpture interviews have been sent). Good luck all, fingers crossed for everyone!

Thank you for the clarification. I only received the campus one. Good luck in your skype interview!

57 minutes ago, Alment said:

yay 1 more thing for me to freak out about. 

Mine still says MFA in slideroom.

When i was reviewing forums a few weeks ago it was really hard to determine if it was actually a thing or not.  I feel like i saw people who said they no longer had MFA there with signatures that actually did say they got an interview later.  I don't know maybe I'm wrong, I'm trying to look through this forum less and it doesn't seem to be working out for me haha. 

Yeah, I have no idea. Mine just says 2016 Painting... but I guess I'll find out eventually.

4 hours ago, keris said:

Hi, new here. I also just got accepted to PAFA! Was wondering if merit scholarships are for 1 yr or 2… pretty sure it's for one? Fishing for opinions. Need to just call the school! Thanks!

My aid packet says, "... scholarship awards are dispersed in four installments equal to two years of full-time study." So it's for four semesters. 

On 2/11/2016 at 8:01 PM, itsjess said:

I also got the email about a campus visit. There is a link where you can schedule an interview with admissions, but I'm assuming this is an email from the university that may have gone to all applicants, maybe even undergrad. I also applied in ceramics, and I'm assuming an interview email would have come from the department? Also seems like an official interview wouldn't have a range of choices from this weekend to April.

It was definitely agonizing to receive an email like that before hearing any other news from them! 

dleewinn, where else did you apply in ceramics?

I've applied to Washington University in St. Louis, Alfred, and the University of Arkansas. I've interviewed at Uark - I do not think their program is what I need/want. 

UMass-Dartmouth just emailed me after almost two weeks of silence, saying that I didn't submit my portfolio (when I totally did)! 
I even have the SlideRoom confirmation number... :( I emailed them, but I'm still worried. 
I'll be so sad if I get rejected because they couldn't locate my portfolio. :unsure: 

9 hours ago, hypoart said:

Does anyone know if RISD or UCLA asks interview candidates to send in portfolios even for Skype interviews (if I should be so lucky!)?  Thinking maybe it's wise to have two portfolios ready. The MassArt portfolio thing threw me for a loop!  

RISD isn't asking me to bring anything but myself (graphic design)

2 hours ago, ss2 said:

Yeah, I have no idea. Mine just says 2016 Painting... but I guess I'll find out eventually.

Mine still has the MFA at the end (I applied to new genres). 

Edited by cpw0021

On 2/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, meganmoriartyart said:

Has anyone heard from PennDesign sculpture?

UPenn seemed to have contacted applicants for interviews. I think UPenn started interviewing this Monday, and they go into next week Friday.  Wednesday is the last day for Skype interviews. 

Anyone that hasn't gotten interviews I think there are still a few schools that have application deadlines coming up on the 15th - would probably need to order those transcripts and recomendation letters first thing tomorrow morning.

9 hours ago, Stefanie Xue Bai said:

Congrats!!

I have applied for Parsons too but haven't heard a word from them yet ... which program did you apply for? Mine is industrial design, don't know if they require an interview...

Hi!! I applied at Parsons too and haven't heard anything as well. So much silence on their end. Anyway, I checked the requirements of industrial design and it seems that interviews aren't required for your program so you should still be safe. My program requires interviews for all finalists so I'm already feeling like I got rejected. Good luck to us!

25 minutes ago, raaawr said:

Hi!! I applied at Parsons too and haven't heard anything as well. So much silence on their end. Anyway, I checked the requirements of industrial design and it seems that interviews aren't required for your program so you should still be safe. My program requires interviews for all finalists so I'm already feeling like I got rejected. Good luck to us!

Did you apply for interior design? Yea best wishes to all!!! Hope we can hear from them soon! 

Just now, Stefanie Xue Bai said:

Did you apply for interior design? Yea best wishes to all!!! Hope we can hear from them soon! 

I applied for fashion design. It's so stressful waiting for an email. I really hope they reach out to us soon. Is parsons your first choice?

Hey all.  I am desperately waiting for notification email, but unfortunately there aren't any in my mailbox yet.

I heard RISD and MICA (Graphic Design) have already sent their interview email.. 

Do they actually send the rejection email later than the acceptance (or interview) email? So confused and nervous :(

Edited by Essysoo

12 hours ago, Barber said:

So have all of the Alfred sculpture interview requests gone out then? It stinks when they send out a mass email for interviews but not one for rejections. I just want to know whether or not I should hold out hope. 

Also, anyone heard anything from Pratt or Penn State?

Pratt interview dates are out already, they started their interviews yesterday.