MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

17 minutes ago, wlsdk said:

Anybody heard anything from UCLA? 

I think @mlarghydracept heard back! 

And does anyone know how to link the person's name? I can't seem to get it lol 

Edited by Pulsar

9 minutes ago, Pulsar said:
12 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I don't think tagging works on mobile :blink:

Rejected from Rutgers via an email asking me to check my admissions portal. The grad school gods must have heard me complaining about their silence earlier today!

Now sitting here wondering how I will feel about going to grad school if only one school accepts me and all of the others kick me to the curb.What if the one school made a bad judgement call?

....And this is why no gradcafe after midnight should be a rule for me ;).

I got rejection from three schools. And thr one interview I did... I think i did horribly... My worst nightmare is coming true...

Why... Why!!! Why won't you love me schools...

I might as well just start working on my application for next year. Yaayyy I have 10 months. How delightful.

Edited by arte

18 hours ago, Tjarrells said:

Hey, I got accepted into the same program! Congratulations! Have you heard anything about TA's? 

Congrats, guys! Haven't heard from them anything, assume this is a rejection :( for what purpose they sent me info about documents that they need from me then.. Maybe I'm on a wait list.

17 minutes ago, KRT said:

My acceptance letter for Buffalo had went to my spam for some reason when none of the other emails have. Glad I happened to check yesterday!

MFA Painting 

OU

Indiana B. 

Rutgers

SUNY New Paltz

SUNY Purchase

University at Buffalo- Accepted 2-11

Tulane

Burren College of Art- Interview 

Congrats on Buffalo!  Good thing you thought to check that folder.

14 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Hi Pulsar I have an interview scheduled with UCLA but I applied to the Design Media Arts MFA. I think the program is pretty separate from the other MFA so I doubt my interview is any indication of the progress in the other departments.

Edited by mlarghydracept

1 hour ago, trapnado said:

Hey guys. I have been creeping on this forum and haven't posted yet.  Congrats to everyone who has recieved good news. I have an interview with Yale for painting and just received a call from Columbia for an interview also. Thought folks would like the Columbia update.

Congratulations!  Best of luck at the hot interviews. Thanks for the heads up.  Also, to put a rumor to rest, does your slide room say MFA? 

Edited by paint_and_destroy

1 hour ago, trapnado said:

Hey guys. I have been creeping on this forum and haven't posted yet.  Congrats to everyone who has recieved good news. I have an interview with Yale for painting and just received a call from Columbia for an interview also. Thought folks would like the Columbia update.

congrats! ! ! ! did they call late? Do you know if they're doing one interview day or a few days. 
and yeah I'm also curious about your slideroom title. 

Good luck with your interviews! 

11 minutes ago, Alment said:

congrats! ! ! ! did they call late? Do you know if they're doing one interview day or a few days. 
and yeah I'm also curious about your slideroom title. 

Good luck with your interviews! 

Thanks! They called around 4pm. Two interview days.

Edited by trapnado

Congrats on the Columbia interview! 

I wonder when New Genres people will be contacted...

I'm going to try to avoid this forum for the next two weeks since I'm in freezing cold Vermont now. Getting my writing on. 

2 hours ago, beemovie said:

Hey @Owl1 congrats on RCA! I also got a painting interview coming up with them, best of luck to you! Did you apply elsewhere in London too? No idea how many people are being interviewed but if you do find out please share! 

I also applied to Oxford and Goldsmiths. Goldsmiths really isn't the right school for me but I applied just for the heck of it. I've always wanted live in London. Haven't heard anything from these two schools yet, just an interview from RCA.