MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

so, does anyone at all have MFA anymore in their columbia slideroom?  Has anyone gotten an email yet at all?  I know some people were called, but I'm wondering if they are also sending out emails this week to those who maybe didn't enter their phone numbers in their apps like idiots (myself)

my impression was that it was possible if you didn't have an MFA there that you were no longer being considered, but last year this was not the case... i wonder if it has any significance at all!  Tuna, I'm just a little unclear on what you think it means.  Good luck to you! Third times a charm ;)

I actually thought that taking out "MFA" meant that we were the ones that were not getting an interview call?

For those of you who still have "MFA" in your SlideRooms.... did you get an interview call?

10 minutes ago, Alment said:

my impression was that it was possible if you didn't have an MFA there that you were no longer being considered, but last year this was not the case... i wonder if it has any significance at all!  Tuna, I'm just a little unclear on what you think it means.  Good luck to you! Third times a charm ;)

Thank you good luck to you too!

Just now, tunamindmelt said:

Thank you good luck to you too!

Thanks!  What's your guess on what the MFA thing means?

someone call and ask if all the interview requests went out already, maybe you need to commit to something in March and want to make sure you're not overlapping.  ;);):) 
haha ugh, this is really killing me.  

4 minutes ago, Alment said:

Thanks!  What's your guess on what the MFA thing means?

someone call and ask if all the interview requests went out already, maybe you need to commit to something in March and want to make sure you're not overlapping.  ;);):) 
haha ugh, this is really killing me.  

I think it means they are makin decisions as we speak. As soon as people get the MFA back and interview calls go out presumably to them, people without no MFA are out. That's how it was in past years, except last year was the opposite. The reason I think losing and getting MFA back this year means an interview is that painting had it that way. Then again- this IS all unofficial and things change in systems. Perhaps painting and sculpture will not be congruent. 

I think regardless people will get contact red for interviews by the end of the week at the LATEST

I applied last year and didn't hear back until the last week of February I think.. Like February 25 or something .. And this year the applications were due one week after last year's. I think what's going on is that they're starting to look at applications..hence some people having MFA and others not (mine is probably still up because my last name starts with a P .. Towards the end of the alphabet). Also, I'm sure there are different rounds and different ways the system marks certain applications etc.. . It's probably less systematic than we think ..

Edited by scaredapplicant

7 minutes ago, scaredapplicant said:

I applied last year and didn't hear back until the last week of February I think.. Like February 25 or something .. And this year the applications were due one week after last year's. I think what's going on is that they're starting to look at applications..hence some people having MFA and others not (mine is probably still up because my last name starts with a P .. Towards the end of the alphabet). Also, I'm sure there are different rounds and different ways the system marks certain applications etc.. . It's probably less systematic than we think ..

I think you are probably right 

well i hope you guys are right, the fact that we already had 2 confirmed calls for interviews is a little discouraging!  I wonder how many applicants they interview.  I really would think more people on the forum would have gotten a call, so i guess we'll see.  
 if anyone hears from UCLA or RISD painting lemme knowwwwww

Edited by Alment

7 minutes ago, Alment said:

well i hope you guys are right, the fact that we already had 2 confirmed calls for interviews is a little discouraging!  I wonder how many applicants they interview.  I really would think more people on the forum would have gotten a call, so i guess we'll see.  
 if anyone hears from UCLA or RISD painting lemme knowwwwww

Was it sculpture people that got calls?

On February 13, 2016 at 6:15 PM, trapnado said:

Hey guys. I have been creeping on this forum and haven't posted yet.  Congrats to everyone who has recieved good news. I have an interview with Yale for painting and just received a call from Columbia for an interview also. Thought folks would like the Columbia update.

On February 15, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Weighted_by_Gold said:

I noticed the same on mine, I had a friend who was called by Columbia on the weekend but I don't know what they will do if they don't have a number for you. 

trapnado is painting, so yeah. 

I applied to New Genres at Columbia and no longer have MFA on my slideroom. I think it just means they're looking at applications. I hope, anyway. 

I wonder when Rutgers will let those of us in limbo (no interview, but not rejected), know the final verdict..? 

Edited by cpw0021