MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

6 minutes ago, hypoart said:

UT's website says early March for decisions. I really, really like their program and felt an immediate connection to the faculty. I hope we receive good news soon! 

I hope so too! I felt like I was really making waves with one of the professors on my interview panel--everything I said seemed to be resonating with him. The other professor present was fairly quiet, mostly just asking the questions. I felt like it went good, but not like fantastic! If those things can even ever feel like they've gone fantastically? I let me nervous laugh muscle its way into the conversation a few too many times. Good luck to you!

On 2/15/2016 at 7:06 PM, dleewinn said:

Has anyone heard from Washington University in St. Louis? 

I didn't end up applying there, but I did notice that their Slideroom is apparently still taking applications till midnight their time tonight.

25 minutes ago, jjjujjju said:

I hope so too! I felt like I was really making waves with one of the professors on my interview panel--everything I said seemed to be resonating with him. The other professor present was fairly quiet, mostly just asking the questions. I felt like it went good, but not like fantastic! If those things can even ever feel like they've gone fantastically? I let me nervous laugh muscle its way into the conversation a few too many times. Good luck to you!

Sounds like it went well to me. Good luck!!!!

7 minutes ago, aniram415 said:

Alright, since everyone's asking ... did anyone else apply to Cornell Sculpture (and if so, have you heard anything)? Thanks!! ( :

nothing from Cornell yet, but I'm not holding my breath -- looking at my application proof, I had something really generic sounding in that field instead of something like sculpture or whatever. I can't remember them specifying what to choose from. Well, crap. 

25 minutes ago, straightlines said:

I just got an e-mail from UNM a couple hours ago saying I was accepted. Hopefully they haven't sent out all the e-mails yet, good luck to you all!

Congratulations! To what dept did you apply? (edit: I'm on mobile so had to click to your profile to see sculpture)

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by hypoart

13 hours ago, Relm said:

nothing from Cornell yet, but I'm not holding my breath -- looking at my application proof, I had something really generic sounding in that field instead of something like sculpture or whatever. I can't remember them specifying what to choose from. Well, crap. 

Actually, my application also says "MFA program 2016" - I don't think there were specific departments to choose from, otherwise I would have chosen Sculpture... I think... o_O

15 minutes ago, aniram415 said:

Actually, my application also says "MFA program 2016" - I don't think there were specific departments to choose from, otherwise I would have chosen Sculpture... I think... o_O

There is an area in the application for concentration. You can look in the form PDF.

5 minutes ago, LAPHYSICS said:

There is an area in the application for concentration. You can look in the form PDF.

Oh, thanks so much, I did specify sculpture there. Though I didn't seem to have checked the box indicating that I want to be considered for assistanships and fellowships. How, how could I have missed that? *sigh*

47 minutes ago, aniram415 said:

Oh, thanks so much, I did specify sculpture there. Though I didn't seem to have checked the box indicating that I want to be considered for assistanships and fellowships. How, how could I have missed that? *sigh*

That was blank in my form too, for some reason.

Update:

Yale MFA in Painting/Printmaking - rejected

Central Saint Martins MA Fine Art - Unconditional offer made

Wimbledon MFA - Offer made

MICA Mt.Royal- Awaiting interview

SMFA MFA - Awaiting interview

Edited by palmtrees
additional info needed

19 minutes ago, palmtrees said:

Just got an email that says I'm invited to an interview for Mt. Royal school of art.

Congrats! I'm still waiting on this one as well.

For anyone waiting on Visual & Critical Studies (MA) at SAIC, the department coordinator told me that applicants will be notified of a decision in the next 7 days.

2 minutes ago, frutas said:

Bard Sculpture rejection came in today.

If anyone hears from UCLA or VCU let us know.

-----
Yale: Rejected
Bard: Rejected
VCU: Waiting
UCLA: Waiting

I have an interview with VCU photo soon (they contacted me this past weekend). I haven't seen anything about sculpture though. Good luck!