MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I think the big question now is has anyone received REJECTIONS from Columbia yet? Or are we assuming rejection if we haven't heard from them at this point? 

Also has anyone heard from UCLA or Hunter or know when we're supposed to be hearing from them?

9 minutes ago, OHSOYEA said:

I think the big question now is has anyone received REJECTIONS from Columbia yet? Or are we assuming rejection if we haven't heard from them at this point? 

Also has anyone heard from UCLA or Hunter or know when we're supposed to be hearing from them?

I'm assuming rejection from Columbia now since interview requests have definitely gone out.

no word on UCLA though...

10 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

I'm assuming rejection from Columbia now since interview requests have definitely gone out.

no word on UCLA though...

Still waiting on UCLA and VCU

37 minutes ago, bwd2109 said:

I have a friend at UIUC and he says the department had a funding cut this year and are only accepting like 1 person.  I don't know anything about the timeline, but I can ask him.  

LOL one? Hopeless.

Why reviewing applications till march then? They can just randomly choose someone and go on spring break

Had my UPenn interview yesterday, and they will be contacting everybody who applied with a decision within the next 2 weeks! They're interviewing 60 and will be accepting about 18! 

UCLA has the slowest MFA admission process in the world. 

57 minutes ago, OHSOYEA said:

in the past couple years columbia didn't send out official rejections until April if I remember correctly- far after interviews and acceptances were sent out.

but so far as far as I can tell, sculpture people haven't had interview requests?

Edited by tunamindmelt

2 minutes ago, spotless_mind said:

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford's Art Practice???

I haven't seen anyone on the forum get an interview this go-round, but the committee met in January -- I've been assuming rejection since early February.

4 minutes ago, Relm said:

I haven't seen anyone on the forum get an interview this go-round, but the committee met in January -- I've been assuming rejection since early February.

Wait, but its website says this, "the application review takes place between mid-February and mid-March;

applicants are notified by mail of their status by March 15th." 

18 minutes ago, trapnado said:

Interview with Carnegie Mellon for painting. Got an email a couple minutes ago

Congratulations! I wonder what that means for other CMU MFA applicants. Did it seem like an individual email or a mass email to everyone getting an interview? You heard a lot earlier than applicants have in past years.

Just now, Pulsar said:

Wait, but its website says this, "the application review takes place between mid-February and mid-March;

applicants are notified by mail of their status by March 15th." 

Stanford winnows it down to a shortlist, and if you make it that far, it's mandatory to come to the farm for interviews. I suppose it's theoretically possible that they could notify shortlist candidates now for an in-person interview in a couple of weeks, and then they'd make a really fast decision by that date. But, let's be honest, the odds of that are close to nil.

Friend of mine who attended an open house in the fall mentioned they said the committee would review and pick their shortlist in mid- to late January. If you haven't heard yet, it's most probably a lost cause.

36 minutes ago, xanderesse said:

I've now received word from every school but Hunter and Columbia Sculpture. It's going to be a busy two weeks. A good busy! 

hey congrats on your interview at RISD!!!!  when did you hear? was it by email?

Also I feel like I saw someone had an interview for CalArts focused in painting, does anyone know how/ when then notified and if they're done notifying? 

31 minutes ago, mlarghydracept said:

Congratulations! I wonder what that means for other CMU MFA applicants. Did it seem like an individual email or a mass email to everyone getting an interview? You heard a lot earlier than applicants have in past years.

It seemed pretty general but also pretty informal and addressed me by my first name. They want me to email them back an interview time that works for me. Hope that helps. Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Canine said:

RISD sculpture, CMU art, Columbia new genre. Calarts 

I got 4 invitations for interview

Could you tell me Which program is better?

I'm an international applicant from Asia, and don't have many information about the schools.

Because I am not confident in ability to speak English, I should focus one

Why not just interview at all the schools and then decide which is best suited for you?