MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

14 minutes ago, C123L said:

Congrats Marg37. Was it an individual email or sent to a group? Good luck on your interview! 

Also- have you looked at your slide room lately :P ? Is MFA back in the description? 

I also received an interview email from Columbia today, which was a group email addressed specifically to photography students.  My slideroom says 2016 Photography MFA - I never saw "MFA" disappear at all this week.  

10 minutes ago, Relm said:

wow, congratulations! in-person?

Thanks! :)

They asked for in person but said skype is an option if it's not possible so I will be skyping with them.

Edited by tynnifer

30 minutes ago, oneagain said:

I also received an interview email from Columbia today, which was a group email addressed specifically to photography students.  My slideroom says 2016 Photography MFA - I never saw "MFA" disappear at all this week.  

do you know how many candidates photo interviews and how many they accept?

Edited by <><><><><>

30 minutes ago, <><><><><> said:

do you know how many candidates photo interviews and how many they accept?

From a previous year's forum: 

The numbers for students applying vs accepted is consistent with what is posted on the University's FAQ.

5 hours ago, junie said:

I had an interview from SAIC last year and what I did was bring a portfolio book with photographic images(no detail shots) and one physical painting that was about 18"x18". They do project your portfolio and will flip through it while talking to you about your work, but they will also flip through your portfolio in the beginning if you brought one. I saw a few people brought in large scale paintings and I was intimidated because I thought that might hurt my chances of getting in, but I got accepted so I don't think it really matters too much if you bring physical work or not. I mean, I think it would be a plus since they would actually see and get a feel for the physicality of the work, but ultimately they are interested in what you have to say.

That's super helpful, thanks. Do you think detail shots are a bad idea? How many photographic images did you bring?

4 hours ago, junie said:

If you have any questions regarding the SAIC interview by all means feel free to ask, I know how nerve wracking it can be. I can say that everyone I met at the interview: possible applicants, current students, and faculty, were all extremely nice and understanding.

Do you remember any questions they asked that stood out to you? Maybe one you wished you were better prepared for? I'm sure they ask different questions, but you never know!

51 minutes ago, koolio said:

UC Riverside Waitlist - AAHHHHH so close! so close!

Also told they accept 4 and the waitlist has 6 on it

Congrats!!!!!!!! That school is so rad. For anyone who didn't apply to UCR this year and ends up applying next year should definitely look into it! 

Edited by langley

15 minutes ago, langley said:

Congrats!!!!!!!! That school is so rad. For anyone who didn't apply to UCR this year and ends up applying next year should definitely look into it! 

thanks langley! i'm hoping it works out FOR REALS. they said i would be waiting about a month ! 

5 minutes ago, marg37 said:

Thank you! It appears that the email was sent to a group of printmaking applicants. MFA is still on my Slideroom account -- what a mystery!

Congrats!

Interviewing with SAIC for Painting.... Just had my Skype interview with Royal College... Still waiting to hear from Columbia, Hunter, and Boston... if any other painters have heard from these schools please let me know, otherwise I'll consider myself rejected. 

I hadn't planned to bring any physical work to Chicago with me, let alone have any detail shots prepared on my laptop,    but after reading some of your guys posts i'm reconsidering. 

Did anyone else interview with RCA? Any afterthoughts about the interview? Mine went decently well...I was extremely nervous and it was a bit awkward because of the Skype.

14 hours ago, sissy_vicious said:

Did anyone that's heard from MICA recieve an e-mail saying "your application is currently under review"?

Yes - I received this email twice (probably because I applied to two programs). I think it was a generic interview sent out to all applicants through slideroom just to keep us engaged, etc. I got interview invitations from Mt. Royal and Rinehart.

1 hour ago, koolio said:

UC Riverside Waitlist - AAHHHHH so close! so close!

Also told they accept 4 and the waitlist has 6 on it

Did you contact admissions to ask details about the waiting list? I'm wait listed at another school and am wondering if I should shoot someone an e-mail to find out more. 

Just now, beemovie said:

Congratulations @MrBixler and @tynnifer--I also got an interview for the 8th for ruskin, so good luck to all of us!

@mfinley6021 I have my interview w RCA next week--any advice? I'm quite nervous. And congrats to you as well!! Sounds like you have a lot of exciting options

My advice would be to give answers that don't sound scripted, that's probably the best advice I can give anyone interviewing. They immediately asked me to talk about my work, why I wanted to go to RCA, and also (Since I'm American and won't be receiving any Financial Aid) how I planned to pay for school. The interview was a bit dry, and they seemed very professional... the interview wasn't much of a conversation... ...  however, a lot of people are telling me that could just be the tone of the Brits, LOL.

3 minutes ago, llyMx said:

Did you contact admissions to ask details about the waiting list? I'm wait listed at another school and am wondering if I should shoot someone an e-mail to find out more. 

i did not - they called me. i don't think it would hurt to reach out! they also told me to check in whenever i wanted to. i would just like emanate excitement!!

Congrats to everyone who is seeing some movement.

Not sure if these programs are on anyone's radar but I got an accept from RPI (Rensellaer Polytechnic Institute) and a skype interview next week for MIT's SMACT program.