MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Based on previous years I'm thinking that UCLA will be contacting painters tomorrow or Tuesday for brief chit-chat phone interviews. Hoping I get one but my google analytics has been totally lacking in hits from LA so I'm starting to brace for a rejection.

2 hours ago, Alment said:

It actually does seem that Columbia notifies painters on the weekend by phone according to previous years, did anyone else get a phone call?  I hope they're not done calling! 

What does your slideroom say?  Has your Columbia (non slideroom) page changed?

I have been lurking for a while and decided I should actually contribute to the discussion. So, below are the schools I applied to and what I have heard from each.

Still waiting to hear something from NYU and VCU-Sculpture.

Applied to:

Minnesota - Waitlisted 2/1

Yale (Painting) - Interview 3/5

Tyler (Fiber) - Interview 1/27

NYU - 

VCU (Sculpture) - 

Cranbrook (Sculpture) - Interview 3/11

Main College of Art - Interview 2/12

21 minutes ago, graybaby said:

I have been lurking for a while and decided I should actually contribute to the discussion. So, below are the schools I applied to and what I have heard from each.

Applied to:

NYU - 

VCU (Sculpture) - 

Thanks for sharing!

(For Painting)

I applied to:

Yale: interview 3/1

SAIC: interview 2/28

Columbia: no news yet

UCLA; no news yet

Edited by Weighted_by_Gold

On February 11, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Stefanie Xue Bai said:

Congrats!!

I have applied for Parsons too but haven't heard a word from them yet ... which program did you apply for? Mine is industrial design, don't know if they require an interview...

It was for painting, so I would assume they're still looking over industrial design! Good luck to you!

I got a letter yesterday morning (February 13) from Pratt that I was being wait listed. I thought I should let anyone know who may also be waiting to hear from Pratt for Painting. Does anyone know if being wait listed works differently for different schools? I'm unsure if I'm waiting to see if spots open up for me, or if this means they are simply still deciding. On another topic I'm crossing my fingers that Columbia may still have a few interviewees they need to contact!

58 minutes ago, graybaby said:

Applied to:

NYU - 

VCU (Sculpture) - 

I was wondering if anyone else applied to Tyler for Fiber. I haven't heard anything from them, presuming rejection now. 

48 minutes ago, llyMx said:

I got a letter yesterday morning (February 13) from Pratt that I was being wait listed. I thought I should let anyone know who may also be waiting to hear from Pratt for Painting. Does anyone know if being wait listed works differently for different schools? I'm unsure if I'm waiting to see if spots open up for me, or if this means they are simply still deciding. On another topic I'm crossing my fingers that Columbia may still have a few interviewees they need to contact!

Looks like we're In the same boat. I also got the waitlisted letter.

2 hours ago, 2222222 said:

What does your slideroom say?  Has your Columbia (non slideroom) page changed?

I didn't get a call and all my things are still the same.  I don't have any updates in my columbia app and my slideroom still says MFA.  I don't know, seems like only 1 person got a call that writes on here so I would assume theres still some calls to be made!  Maybe during the week.  I briefly searched through some previous forums last night, unfortunately not a lot of people updated how/ when they were contacted.  I just noted that some seemed to be on a weekend and they were just told to expect an email later on. 

Rejected from Rutgers -- kind of bummed about it but so it goes

Still haven't heard back from VCU, UT Austin or Columbia -- from what I know the interview process have started and I've got my fingers crossed.  Every time I get an out of area number I hope its them

18 minutes ago, LAPHYSICS said:

SAIC - Interview

Yale - Rejected 

Cornell - Waiting

Goldsmith's - Waiting

Claremont Graduate - Waiting

UCLA - Waiting

Cal Arts - Interview 

hey congrats on your CalArts interview!!  When and how did they notify you? 

8 hours ago, lmo said:

anyone know what NYU's timeline might look like this year with the extended deadline?

also, anyone hear from Tyler officially? saw some interview requests, but not sure if that was painting or a different department 

Tyler just finished painting interviews this week I think. I'm hoping to get some good news from them soon! 

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Sejko said:

Hey,

Did anyone hear from SVA MFA Interaction Design Fall 2016 program? Interview notifications are to be out in feb!

Applied for the Interaction and haven't heard from them.

On 2/13/2016 at 10:31 AM, mlarghydracept said:

Hi Pulsar I have an interview scheduled with UCLA but I applied to the Design Media Arts MFA. I think the program is pretty separate from the other MFA so I doubt my interview is any indication of the progress in the other departments.

Hi! That's good to know. Thank you for the information!
And, best of luck on your interview! :) 

My applications for fall 2016 MFA in Sculpture are as follows:

Yale: Rejected
UCLA: Waiting, no response
Bard: Waiting, no response
VCU: Waiting, no response

Has anyone heard from Sculpture at UCLA, Bard, or VCU ???

Edited by frutas

Hi, first time poster here. I just wanted to post this document I got today, since I wasn't aware of the specifics and maybe others weren't as well. I've been accepted to Syracuse for ceramics, and they've given me a deadline for a week from today to let them know. However, I emailed some schools I haven't heard from yet, just to get a feel if I'd been accepted or rejected, and University of Colorado sent me back this document.

http://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_Oct2015.pdf

Also I haven't gotten the offer from Syracuse in writing just yet, only a phone call this past Friday. Would it be safe to reference this document if the offer in writing comes back with the deadline of Monday? I knew about the April 15th deadline overall, but wasn't aware that schools apparently couldn't set earlier deadlines sighting 'funding offers' that would not stay on the table? Anyone have any input on this? (I'm pretty stressed..)

PS: has anyone else heard from Ohio State, University of Colorado, or University of Nebraska for ceramics?

Edited by emf325

ugh I just reviewed my Columbia application proof and for some reason I didn't enter a phone number in it.  I wonder if any emails for Columbia interviews have gone out yet?  Just wishful thinking.

29 minutes ago, emf325 said:

Hi, first time poster here. I just wanted to post this document I got today, since I wasn't aware of the specifics and maybe others weren't as well. I've been accepted to Syracuse for ceramics, and they've given me a deadline for a week from today to let them know. However, I emailed some schools I haven't heard from yet, just to get a feel if I'd been accepted or rejected, and University of Colorado sent me back this document.

http://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_Oct2015.pdf

Also I haven't gotten the offer from Syracuse in writing just yet, only a phone call this past Friday. Would it be safe to reference this document if the offer in writing comes back with the deadline of Monday? I knew about the April 15th deadline overall, but wasn't aware that schools apparently couldn't set earlier deadlines sighting 'funding offers' that would not stay on the table? Anyone have any input on this? (I'm pretty stressed..)

PS: has anyone else heard from Ohio State, University of Colorado, or University of Nebraska for ceramics?

Hi! I am in the same boat, I got accepted to Syracuse for ceramics on Friday by phone and they said the same thing to me about having till the 22nd to tell them my decision. I have also not heard anything from OSU, but I called them, and they said they already sent out interviews to their top candidates so I am assuming rejection. This is very stressful I will agree on that!