MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

23 minutes ago, emf325 said:

Hi, first time poster here. I just wanted to post this document I got today, since I wasn't aware of the specifics and maybe others weren't as well. I've been accepted to Syracuse for ceramics, and they've given me a deadline for a week from today to let them know. However, I emailed some schools I haven't heard from yet, just to get a feel if I'd been accepted or rejected, and University of Colorado sent me back this document.

Also I haven't gotten the offer from Syracuse in writing just yet, only a phone call this past Friday. Would it be safe to reference this document if the offer in writing comes back with the deadline of Monday? I knew about the April 15th deadline overall, but wasn't aware that schools apparently couldn't set earlier deadlines sighting 'funding offers' that would not stay on the table? Anyone have any input on this? (I'm pretty stressed..)

PS: has anyone else heard from Ohio State, University of Colorado, or University of Nebraska for ceramics?

CGS_ResolutionApril15-2009update.pdf

CGS_ResolutionApril15-2009update.pdf

what the document seems to say is this - you can accept your offer from Syracuse and then if you get an offer back from OSU, CU Boulder or UNL, etc., and change your mind about Syracuse - you can by notifying them in writing by April 15th (make sure its in their hands by April 15th - email and then mail with return receipt USPS).  This may not make friends (in a small community such as ceramics) but its also your education.

The schools that are on the list seem to be large research universities - and their signing of the agreement has more to do with fields such as science and less to do with art - so thats why (I assume) that schools like Alfred, Cranbrook and RISD are not on the list.

1 hour ago, frutas said:

My applications for fall 2016 MFA in Sculpture are as follows:

Yale: Rejected
UCLA: Waiting, no response
Bard: Waiting, no response
VCU: Waiting, no response

Has anyone heard from Sculpture at UCLA, Bard, or VCU ???

Hi frutas, nope, haven't heard from VCU Sculpture yet either, and I haven't seen anyone post about having received any results ... must be any day now, right ... ? *fingers crossed*

3 hours ago, frutas said:

My applications for fall 2016 MFA in Sculpture are as follows:

Yale: Rejected
UCLA: Waiting, no response
Bard: Waiting, no response
VCU: Waiting, no response

Has anyone heard from Sculpture at UCLA, Bard, or VCU ???

Still waiting on VCU and UCLA.

1 hour ago, emf325 said:

Hi, first time poster here. I just wanted to post this document I got today, since I wasn't aware of the specifics and maybe others weren't as well. I've been accepted to Syracuse for ceramics, and they've given me a deadline for a week from today to let them know. However, I emailed some schools I haven't heard from yet, just to get a feel if I'd been accepted or rejected, and University of Colorado sent me back this document.

http://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_Oct2015.pdf

Also I haven't gotten the offer from Syracuse in writing just yet, only a phone call this past Friday. Would it be safe to reference this document if the offer in writing comes back with the deadline of Monday? I knew about the April 15th deadline overall, but wasn't aware that schools apparently couldn't set earlier deadlines sighting 'funding offers' that would not stay on the table? Anyone have any input on this? (I'm pretty stressed..)

PS: has anyone else heard from Ohio State, University of Colorado, or University of Nebraska for ceramics?

Congratulations on Syracuse, and good luck with your decision. I'd ask them if there is any period after you accept the offer that you have to change your mind. For example, I've been accepted to Cardiff School of Art and Design in Wales, and the offer clearly states that I have 14 days after accepting the offer to change my mind. I'd be really disappointed if there's no grace there, especially since it seems other ceramics programs are really taking their time getting responses out. I'd think Syracuse would have to be dealing with this with all their acceptances, since very few have enough information to make a clear decision yet. It's definitely stressful when it feels like you have to gamble on the possibilities after all the work that's been put in. 

I've also applied to UNL in ceramics, as well as Alfred, Iowa, VCU, Tyler, and UGA. I haven't heard anything from any of these. I'm hoping this means that ceramics departments are just taking longer than others. 

Good luck to all on interviews and decisions!

5 hours ago, Alment said:

ugh I just reviewed my Columbia application proof and for some reason I didn't enter a phone number in it.  I wonder if any emails for Columbia interviews have gone out yet?  Just wishful thinking.

I noticed the same on mine, I had a friend who was called by Columbia on the weekend but I don't know what they will do if they don't have a number for you. 

5 minutes ago, Weighted_by_Gold said:

I noticed the same on mine, I had a friend who was called by Columbia on the weekend but I don't know what they will do if they don't have a number for you. 

Same, I didn't put a phone number, I imagine the emails will go out tomorrow.

Just FYI I applied last year and I didn't get the rejection email until late march so I assume they send those out after they do their interviews. 

On 2/14/2016 at 4:36 PM, Alment said:

do a lot of applicants no longer have the slideroom 'MFA' there? 

Mine just changed to 2016 Painting, "MFA" is gone. Did anyone else that did not receive a call have their status change to just painting? 

1 minute ago, OHSOYEA said:

Mine just changed to 2016 Painting, "MFA" is gone. Did anyone else that did not receive a call have their status change to just painting? 

no call and my status changed like yours :.......(

Just now, koolio said:

for MFA, Visual Art?

Yeah, they said they were only accepting 4 students this year. I have a friend who also applied and hasn't heard anything, I'm assuming there is a waitlist and that they probably have only contacted the 4 accepted students thus far. 

Just now, langley said:

Yeah, they said they were only accepting 4 students this year. I have a friend who also applied and hasn't heard anything, I'm assuming there is a waitlist and that they probably have only contacted the 4 accepted students thus far. 

holy crap only 4!? thanks so much for the info... crossing my fingers for myself lol and congrats to you!

6 minutes ago, hypoart said:

I'm getting really nervous because CAA says their notification date is the 20th. I'm assuming they don't conduct interviews...

It looks like their past notification dates have been after the 20th :( 

Edited by meganmoriartyart
wrong quote

12 minutes ago, Jats said:

Rejected—Me too. :-(

I haven't heard either way from Bard yet! Trying to decide if I should wait it out or contact their Admissions dept just to know..

I also interviewed w UT Austin last week and am waiting to hear a final decision from them sigh

10 minutes ago, jjjujjju said:

I haven't heard either way from Bard yet! Trying to decide if I should wait it out or contact their Admissions dept just to know..

I also interviewed w UT Austin last week and am waiting to hear a final decision from them sigh

UT's website says early March for decisions. I really, really like their program and felt an immediate connection to the faculty. I hope we receive good news soon!