MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

10 hours ago, tynnifer said:

I just got an email (at midnight!?) Saying I've been accepted into the MFA program at SUNY Buffalo!

Hey, I got accepted into the same program! Congratulations! Have you heard anything about TA's? 

26 minutes ago, Tjarrells said:

Hey, I got accepted into the same program! Congratulations! Have you heard anything about TA's? 

They said I would have an interview with them next week to determine wether or not I'd be better suited for an TA or GA position. 

Just got accepted to Syracuse for Ceramics! 

Anyone heard from OSU, Ohio U, Penn State or Alfred for Ceramics? I haven't heard anything yet. Guess I need to call them, I have 10 days to tell Syracuse my decision.

6 minutes ago, Holitron said:

Anyone heard from OSU, Ohio U, Penn State or Alfred for Ceramics? I haven't heard anything yet. Guess I need to call them, I have 10 days to tell Syracuse my decision.

Congratulations!

I am so confused about Rutgers. It seems like people last year were getting rejections all the way into early March; other people are getting interview requests and then some people last year got in sans interview. What the heck does their selection process look like- are they basically playing repeated rounds of some kind of "kiss/marry/kill" with our apps? I'm more intrigued than frustrated at this point.

And now we're headed into a three or four-day weekend for most schools...preparing myself for what will feel like an eternity of silence.

1 minute ago, gtakaoka said:

I am so confused about Rutgers. It seems like people last year were getting rejections all the way into early March; other people are getting interview requests and then some people last year got in sans interview. What the heck does their selection process look like- are they basically playing repeated rounds of some kind of "kiss/marry/kill" with our apps? I'm more intrigued than frustrated at this point.

And now we're headed into a three or four-day weekend for most schools...preparing myself for what will feel like an eternity of silence.

Me too...I don't understand. I've received nothing from them. The only change I've had is that they've updated my application to finally say my official transcripts have been received. I just don't get what it all means...

i would guess no news from rutgers is good news... i would assume they have a list of some candidates they're ready to accept and some who they're ready to interview.  who knows why!  Maybe getting an interview is a good thing as opposed to acceptance too, maybe they are seeing how much funding they want to offer in that case. 

23 hours ago, lmo said:

got my official rejection letter from SAIC (applied for painting)

anyone else get invited for the post-bac program? I feel like it's just a money maker for them and I am not actually "one of a few applicants who is being encouraged to consider this opportunity" ?

Sorry to hear. Did it come snail mail? I still haven't heard anything..

2 hours ago, Holitron said:

Congratulations!

WRT: OSU@dryheat and I both got into OSU. I am arts and electronics & dryheat is sculpture I believe so I am not sure about ceramics. The wording on the acceptance letter seems to imply that they have made their choices for all depts though. not sure hopefully this is helpful.

1 hour ago, Alment said:

i would guess no news from rutgers is good news... i would assume they have a list of some candidates they're ready to accept and some who they're ready to interview.  who knows why!  Maybe getting an interview is a good thing as opposed to acceptance too, maybe they are seeing how much funding they want to offer in that case. 

I would assume good news as well! at least you're not out.

I'm not sure what the admissions process was like last year (though I do know they haven't always done interviews). I went to the graduate open house for them this year, and they are changing some things. It sounded like they would be interviewing all candidates that made it through the first round, with Skype interviews being a possibility. They are also giving full tuition waivers and assistantships to all students, including international, so they are downsizing their program slightly. 

2 minutes ago, mlarghydracept said:

WRT: OSU@dryheat and I both got into OSU. I am arts and electronics & dryheat is sculpture I believe so I am not sure about ceramics. The wording on the acceptance letter seems to imply that they have made their choices for all depts though. not sure hopefully this is helpful.

Yes it does help thanks! I called OSU and they said they have their top list,  so I'm assuming rejection. I also found out Penn State will be making their final decisions Monday and getting back to people through the week. 

5 minutes ago, Laceybug said:

Sorry to hear. Did it come snail mail? I still haven't heard anything..

Yup- no update on Slideroom or their graduate application that I could find. The letter was dated 2/5. I live in NC, so if you're West Coast, might be a little longer?

10 minutes ago, Alment said:

Wow I had no idea bard only interviews 12 per department.  I didn't get an email or call or anything from them today, did anyone else!? 

A friend of mine told me she got an email invitation for an interview from Bard on Wednesday, but since we have last names on the opposite end of the alphabet I've been holding out hope (though I''m close to giving up) for the rest of the week that I might still land one depending on how their system for rolling things out works.

1 minute ago, hypoart said:

I wish! Been waiting (im)patiently on them, RISD, and UNM.

Their application deadline was really early :( impatiently! waiting everyday, fingers crossed for all of us!